Sworn Friends

A/n
Welcome to the last chapter, I applaud you if you've made it this far! Also, thank you for 210+ reads! I'd like to inform you that I am currently working on a new fanfic, and though I'm not sure exactly when I'll start posting it, I predict it will be some time in between Christmas and New Year's. The one I'm working on is a Juuzou Suzuya X Reader and I'm really excited for it since he's my favorite character. Thanks again for reading and I hope you enjoy the final chapter even though the ending is super cringy :)

"Wow, I can't get over that score. What do you think? At this point, are they pretty much guaranteed their second consecutive win?" Takai asks.

"Hard to say, but there's no denying that they're amazing. One team's left though, and I don't want to count them out. It won't be easy for Ionodai to beat St. Clavis, but even so I want to believe. They've still got a shot." Kuonji's voice faintly sounds from the nearby TV.

"It's hard to believe this year's Boys High School Skate-Leading Grand Prix Finals is nearing its end. We're on the edge of our seats. Will the last school, Ionodai, come from behind and take it, or will St. Clavis be the first school to get two consecutive wins?" Takai says while the crowd murmurs. I catch a few remarks, mostly along the lines of 'There's no way they'll win.' 'Pretty good for a public school.' 'They're just aiming for second, right?' 'They're totally outclassed.'

"Well, you guys, you got unbelievably lucky. Be thankful. If you'd have scored any lower on the short program then you'd most likely be shooting for a solid second right now, but you still have a chance to win. Terauchi, you're the pillar of this team. Don't forget to keep your eyes open and your head high like I taught you." Coach Adachi says.

"Got it." My brother responds.

"Jonouchi. You tend to wander off beat. Pay attention and don't speed up." Coach continues.

"Yes sir." Jonouchi replies.

"Kiriyama, you're the key to connecting the team out there, but this time, focus on your own performance. You can fulfill your role best by simply doing that, understand?" Coach asks.

"Got it." Kiriyama answers.

"Akimitsu. You tend to look down. Keep the height you need to spot at in mind, it'll make your skating look lighter." Coach Adachi advises.

"Yes sir." Akimitsu says.

"Maeshima, you're the point getter, so if you think you're ready to do that thing we've been working on... then just do it." Coach says.

"Of course. This is ours, we're gonna win it. We'll beat Shinozaki." Maeshima says determinedly, clenching his hands into fists at his sides.

"How boring. I thought you'd be more shaken up so I was kinda looking forward to figuring out how to get you motivated. Looks like my plan's gone to waste." Sasugai sighs.

"Well, there's such a big difference in points, there's really no choice but to just go for it. I mean, why not?" I reason.

"Totally!" Jonouchi agrees, pumping a fist in the air.

"Well, she's not wrong." Kiriyama says with a small smile. First Shotaro, then Yuki, Tomo, and eventually the whole team starts laughing.

"Okay, okay, I get it. You're feeling ready to fight back. So, let's have a strategy meeting." Sasugai says before pulling Maeshima aside.

"Hey (Y/n), can we talk?" Akimitsu asks quietly.

"Of course, what do you need?" I ask as Aki pulls me a ways away from the group.

"I think, or hope at least, that I've made it obvious enough by now, but, even if I haven't I still want to tell you. (Y/n), over the past five years, somewhere along the way I fell in love with you. At first I was fine with not telling you because I thought it was just a silly little crush that would go away in a week or two, but it didn't." He says, eyes meeting mine, his pink curls framing his face.