Finals

A/n
Hello, and thanks for 135+ reads! Only a couple more chapters until the end :) (Edit: Sorry I thought I posted it on Tuesday, but apparently it didn't? Anyways, thanks for reading!)

"Now, as you know, the reason we're here today at the Grand Station Hotel is to bring you the live broadcast of the skating order draw for the finals of the Boys High School Skate-Leading Grand Prix Series, which will be taking place in just two days. Shinji Takai here to report, and joining me is Noa Kuonji." Takai says.

"Pleasure to be here today." Kuonji says with a smile.

"Hey, congrats! This is your first day as a commentator, isn't it?" Takai points out.

"That's true. Pretty wild, but I'll do my best. And thank you." Kuonji responds.

"The skaters have all gathered together here and are waiting anxiously for the lottery to start. But for now, let's take a look at each of the teams hat will be competing. First, the team that made it to the finals in the eight competition. In sixth place, Niigata Prefectural Kogahara High School." Takai says.

"Yes. They're lead by Himekawa, the Emerald Noble, and that groups of guys has been skating under the same coach since they were juniors, which gives them an advantage. You can't dismiss their strength as a team." Kuonji says.

"Ok, back up. Where did this 'Emerald Noble' thing come from?" Takai asks.

"Oh, it's just a little nickname I gave him. He needed a fancy title." Kuonji says, winking and holding up a finger matter-of-factly.

"Right..." Takai says, looking at Kuonji weirdly. "Next we have the team that's currently ranked in fifth place. Ehime's Matsuyama Fukuonji High School." Takai says.

"It's their first finals appearance since the team was created twenty years ago, so this is pretty momentous. And, while they may not be showing it, every one of them is a highly skilled skater." Kuonji says. "Slow and steady has won the race for them."

"By contrast, in fourth place we have Saitama Prefectural Ionodai High School. Their ace, Maeshima, has just returned to skating after a five year break." Takai mentions.

"That's right! The Resurrected Young Red Dog Maeshima!" Kuonji says enthusiastically while Maeshima scowls and whispers something to his teammates sitting at one of the six tables at the front of the room. Aki, Sho, and Jonouchi struggle to stifle their laughter while Kiriyama rolls his eyes and adjusts his glasses. Kuonji really shouldn't be allowed to give nicknames. "And don't forget his teammates who can compete at the national level. I'm already looked forward to seeing what they've cooked up to show us at finals!"

"Next, and currently in third place, is Hokkaido's Eimei Academy High School." Takai announces.

"This team's also taking their first trip to the Grand Prix Finals. To place third as relative unknowns is amazing! They're the dark horses flying in and I can't wait to see how far they can go." Kuonji smiles.

"And placing second overall, from Aichi, we have Chutei University Kamimaezu High School." Takai declares.

"Yes, and as we both know, the almost uncanny unison of the Ishikawa brothers is a thing of beauty. They've also grown more synchronized as a team, so I'm anticipating a great performance." Kuonji says.

"And finally, we have last year's champions sitting on top of this prestigious list in first place. Aiming for a consecutive win, this time with Shinozaki, is Tokyo's St. Clavis Gakuin High School!" Takai says.

"Their record speaks for itself. In addition their absolute ace Shinozaki, and the Ruler of the Ice, Team Japan guard Himuro, every member of their team has proven skill and strength. I'll say it, they've got a strangle hold on this competition which won't be easy to break." Kuonji adds. We'll see about that...