Champions

A/n
Hello, and thank you for 90+ reads! I recently watched Squid Game, and wow. That's it: wow. Anyways, here's today's chapter :)

The night before the next round of competitions, I stand in front of a double sink, searching through my toiletries bag for a headband. I had been invited over to Akimitsu and Yuki's house for a sleepover and we are getting ready to do a skin care routine that Yuki had been wanting to try out. Aki and Yuki already have headbands on to hold back their pink colored locks and now Yuki is sorting through various face creams and washes. Opening the last compartment I finally find what I'm looking for. Thank goodness I actually remembered to pack one. Yes, it might be weird for a girl to be having a sleepover with a couple of boys, but we've know each other since elementary school, and because Sho has been on the same skating team as Akimitsu and Yuki for so long, our parents know each other pretty well too, so they're fine with it.

"(Y/n)! Can I do your hair?" Aki asks as he runs up to me excitedly.

"Sure, give me a sec." I say, putting the (f/c) headband on as Akimitsu walks over to the bathtub after grabbing some small rubber bands, sitting on the edge. I sit in front of him and he gently starts combing out the tangles in my hair with his hands.

"Where is it?" Yuki mutters as he shuffles through a large variety of products. "I swear it was around here..."

"Your hair is so soft." Akimitsu says absentmindedly as he sections off my hair and begins weaving the strands together.

"My hair? I'm sorry, but have you seen your hair? It's so fluffy." I say.

"Mm, yeah but it's always getting in my face unless I use a clip." He responds. I glance at our reflection in the mirror to see him biting his lip as he concentrates on the order of my (h/l) (h/c) strands of hair. I smile at the sight. He's so cute when he doesn't think anyone's watching. "Done!" He exclaims proudly gazing at my hair which is now in (braided hairstyle of your choice) before looking up to see me staring at him in the mirror; his cheeks heat up before he makes a funny face and sticks his tongue out at me. I return his silly expression and the exchange continues until Yuki finally pipes up again.

"Aha, here it is!" He says gleefully, holding up a bottle of some kind of face mask. "What are you two doing?" He asks furrowing his eyebrows as we burst out in a fit of giggles, Aki grabbing onto me as the laughter shakes his body. Yuki narrows his eyes at us, letting out an exasperated sigh before gesturing for us to join him back at the sink. Yuki guides us through the first few steps of his skin routine, showing us of the proper amount of product to use and reminding us not to get it in our eyes. "Are you sure you're using enough toner?"

"Yeah, I think it's fine." Aki responds while I hum in agreement.

"It's important to take care of your skin while you're still young." Yuki says.

"Good thing I don't give a crap about stuff like that." Akimitsu says.

"Geez, you make it sound like you're so much older than us." I say, fanning my face.

"Yeah, you're only a year older." Aki huffs, removing his headband and running a hand through his hair.

"And that year is a big difference. Anyways, we have to get up and ready early tomorrow so you two need to get to bed. (Y/n), if you need anything ask Aki, I'm going to bed. Night." Yuki says, neatly folding up his headband and putting it on his drawer before exiting the bathroom.

"He is right, we probably shouldn't stay up to late." I say with a sigh.

"But that's what you're supposed to do during sleepovers! I suppose he is right though... if I don't get a full nights sleep I might not do well tomorrow." Aki says with a sigh.