Chapter 19

A few weeks went by and Effie didn't leave Ace's apartment unless it was to get more clothes from her flat. They weren't allowed in the office still and they both found working at home to be a lot more difficult than they originally thought. They spent days in their pyjamas or in nothing at all and took regular 'coffee' breaks after one seductive look led to something a little more raunchy. Effie's friends were in regular contact, Hayley updating her about Cade and how awful he had been at work since the split; Charlotte and Sarah had nothing new to report and enjoyed hearing the gossip about the deliciously powerful Mr Ace Wesley.

Everything changed when Steve's email suddenly announced they would be returning to the offices from the following Monday. Knowing the response he was going to receive from his employees he had decided to celebrate Wesley style and invited all his employees to take a half day holiday on him to enjoy an afternoon of paintballing; working out that unneeded stress before returning back. "Is he fucking serious?" Effie exclaimed, reading the email for the sixth time. "Paintballing? I have never done anything like that in my entire life and I don't want to start now."

Ace walked over to her and kissed her neck, turning the desk chair round to face him and kissed her firmly on the lips, "stop being such a drama queen! It'll be fun. I promise."

Effie threw her hands in the air and got up, storming into the kitchen to get herself a drink. "Argh!" she screamed as her phone pinged again. "LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE. I'M FUCKING WORKING SUZIE!"

Ace laughed, "I hope you're not actually speaking to her?" he shouted from the living room.

"Unfortunately not!" she shouted back, texting aggressively back.

Ace walked into the kitchen and leant on the wall watching her face screw up at the reply Suzie had written back already. She glanced up at him, "what?" she demanded, not in the mood for his light-hearted jokes.

"Oh stop being so cute", he smirked, knowing exactly how to wind her up.

She sneered back at him, "it's not possible."

He laughed and turned back into the living room, hearing his phone ring for the umpteenth time, his team busy finalising a new deal and going mad about being told last minute about returning back to the offices in a few days' time.

Effie, having calmed down, peered into the living room. She knew Ace hated her listening in on him when he was on a work call but she loved watching him being authoritative. There was something so alluring about him telling people what to do and having the final say in a lot of important decisions. He turned around and caught her eye, forcing him to smile. "Yeah, alright. Thanks Shaun. See you tomorrow... Yeah, I know... paintballing! Who the hell came up with that idea?" He hung up the phone and put it on the side, "you spying for a reason?" he asked, raising his eyebrow at her.

Effie bit her lip, knowing she had done wrong and hoping he would punish her for it. "What if I was?"

He shook his head grinning and ran towards her, grabbing her as she turned around laughing, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry", she said giggling away. They ended up a bundled heap on the floor, breathing heavily. "What's for dinner then Mr Wesley? We've got an active day tomorrow."

Ace looked around him and shrugged, "a takeaway? ... You?"

Effie crawled onto his lap and leant his body gently to the floor, climbing on top of him, "now that second choice sounds delicious." She nibbled his lip playfully as she stared at him seductively. She knew exactly how to get in his head, and he relished in it, succumbing to her every move once again.

*

"Thank you all for coming!" Steve shouted to the crowd of people. He looked down at his Tag watch and shook his head, "most of you are here so I am going to start. Now I know paintballing isn't all your cups of tea, but it will be great fun just the same!"