Chapter 27

"When can I open my eyes?" Effie asked gleefully as Ace drove her into the airport runway. The saying goes that money can't buy happiness, but Ace knew that he could give it a damn good go.

He stopped the car, "one second, keep them shut, I am just going to come round and open your door. No peeking!" he instructed.

She did as he said, as much as she wanted to look she knew it would ruin whatever he had planned. All she had been told was to pack a suitcase of essential things and he would provide the rest. Ace opened the car door and took her hand, guiding her out. "Okay, keep them closed...", he shouted over the loud whirring noise around them. The wind caught Effie's ponytail as she got out, flicking it around behind her.

"Where the hell are we? This is insane!" she shouted above the noise. "Ace, are you there?"

She panicked, no longer feeling him near her. 

"OPEN THEM!" he shouted to her.

She opened her eyes and put her hand to her mouth in shock as she saw a private jet the size of her entire flat sat right in front of her. "Oh my god, this is mad. Are you expecting me to go in that?" she cried, not sure if she felt excited or terrified.

Ace walked over to her and cupped her face in his hands, "do you trust me?"

She looked at him curiously and nodded as he smiled back, taking her hand and walking her over to the private jet. The door opened and the pilot waved at them. "Mr Wesley, lovely to see you again, and this must be Miss Reynolds?"

Effie smiled at him as Ace led her onto the jet. He let go of her hand and put his finger up to her, "sit anywhere you like; I will be back in one second."

Effie nodded as Ace disappeared into the cockpit. She turned around, taking in every little detail of where she was. It was extraordinary; there were four cream leather seats facing each other with a little wooden coffee table in the middle. There was a humongous TV screen on the wall and at the back of the jet sat a little bar area equipped with all sorts of spirits and mixers. A little mini fridge hummed in the corner and as she opened it her eyes filled with hunger. There were all sorts of exotic fruits, picnic food and fresh juice. She felt an electric buzz as she turned around, noticing Ace staring at her from the other side of the plane. She smiled shyly as she tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

"So, what do you think?" he asked, slowly walking towards her.

Effie shrugged, "hmm, yeah it's alright I suppose. Nothing special..."

Ace shook his head, grinning. "You are such a wind up", he said as he grabbed her round her waist and swung her round. He slowly put her down and brushed the hair away from her face, looking at her like he hadn't seen her for years and had forgotten what she looked like. She smiled at him, not remembering the last time she had felt so happy. He was her everything, she would have waited a lifetime to meet him; she couldn't believe that there was even someone as special as him on this planet just waiting for her to bump into him. He matched her completely. Every fear she had he made it bearable. He had a fiery temper, a bad boy look, a dirty mouth and a messed-up family but to her he was kind, generous, loving and she wouldn't have him any other way.

"If you would like to take your seats for take-off Sir?" the pilot called from the cockpit.

"Alright Martin!" he shouted back as he took Effie to a chair and gestured for her to sit down. "You will get the best view from here", he said quietly as he passed her her seatbelt from behind the chair.

She smiled at him, a glint of pure joy escaping her eyes as she stared out the window like a child going to Disneyland for the first time and waited for the release as the plane slowly started to pick up speed.