201 17 5

Lukes eyes flutter open and he frowns as he hears muffled yelling downstairs. Calums no longer next to him cuddling like he was when they fell asleep last night. He hears banging and whimpers, nervously scooting out of bed and tip toeing towards the door. He can hear better when he opens it. His eyes clench shut tightly at the yelling and covers his ears. After a minute or two he creeps closer to the stairs, still covering his ears. He sits on them and slides down one step at a time, as quietly as possible.

The yelling gets louder, he can clearly make out the words and Michael and Calums voices.

"He doesn't deserve to have anything to do with him or us! He's not getting better-"

"That's clearly not true Calum!"

"I mean Luke! He's not getting any more comfortable with him, he's clearly better off here-"

"We can't make that decision for him! We can't just cut him off! I understand that you love him and want him around and are feeling very emotional about the whole thing-"

"Don't go fucking blaming this on me being emotional! Don't you feel the same way? Or are just a heartless fucking bastard?! He shouldn't go and he doesn't want to! There's no reason to keep dragging him on and putting him through this when we could-"

"But it's not our decision to make! It's lukes! He loves him and he's getting a lot better, if he wants to keep trying he has every right and we need to be here for him in the meantime!"

"It's like you want him to leave! And Michael, he practically begs you to make the decision for him. He can't justify cutting off his caregiver even if that's what he wants and needs to do!"

Luke can hear the words, but his confused little tired scared brain hardly deciphers their meaning. He hears his name. He worries that they're making him leave, that they're sick of him and that's why they're fighting.

He whines as tears flow down his cheeks, his hands covering his ears don't do enough to block the sound, and as he hears the yelling escalate he stands and runs back upstairs, shutting himself in his and Calums room and then in the closet.

"Fuck." Calum mutters as they hear the noise of feet running up the stairs and then the doors slamming.

"Luke?" Michael calls as he runs up, Calum close behind him. It's not hard for them to hear his sobs as they enter the room and Calum rubs his hands over his face.

"Lukey, come out peach." Calum coaxes as he opens the closet and Luke whimpers.

"Hey, we're all done yelling bubba, we didn't mean to scare you, everything's okay. Can you come cuddle?" Michael asks. Luke looks at them and frowns.

"Fight?"

"We we're arguing, but it's okay. We're not mad at eachother." Calum assures.

"At Lukey?"

"No, we're not mad at Lukey. Come out? We can talk more while we cuddle." Luke nods and scoots out, letting Michael carry him to the bed.

"I'm sorry we scared you babe, we were just disagreeing, we shouldn't have been so loud." Calum repeats and Luke nods, cuddling into his chest.

"Why fight?" He asks and they both frown, not knowing how to answer. "Bout Lukey?"

"Honey, no, don't you worry. I know you heard us talking about you but it's just because we love you and care about you so much, okay?"

"Okay." Luke agrees, thinking for a moment. He remembers hearing them talk about his daddy and frowns.

"Daddy still sick?" He asks and Michael looks at him.