371 19 2

Calums awoken to heartbroken but quiet sobs next to him and sits up, pulling the blonde into his lap. Lukes cries are quiet, his voice sore from crying so much last night, and the boy doesn't say a word, though he does accept calums comfort.

"Shh, lu you can't keep crying, you're hurting yourself honey." Calum sighs, standing and bouncing the boy.

"Daddy." Luke whimpers and Calum sighs.

"Let's go see Mikey, yeah?" Luke nods and reaches for his bunny that's on the bed, accepting the pacifier Calum gives him as well, but still crying harshly as Calum carries him to Michael's room and opens the door, coming in and depositing the blonde on the bed so he can wake the man up. He glances to Michael's alarm clock and sees it's nearly noon.

It doesn't take long for Michael to wake up and he frowns, thanking Calum and rushing to try and comfort Luke, who immediately accepts it, asking for Ashton again.

"Do you wanna take him out of headspace and tell him now?" Calum asks and Michael sighs.

"I'm not sure he'll come out this way. I can try but I think we'll need to wait until he calms down." Michael says but attempts anyway, starting to try and talk Luke down from his headspace.

"No! Daddy! Want daddy!" Luke shrieks, trying to bat away from Michael. He doesn't like that someone doing what daddy usually does. No ones supposed to make him he big but daddy. He's not supposed to sleep at anyone's house but daddy's.

"Lu, I'll tell you where daddy is if you be big." Calum says gently and Luke looks at him.

"Promise?" Luke whimpers and Calum nods, so finally Luke focuses and tries to come out of headspace.

"Okay, I'm out. I'm sorry for screaming, I'm just really confused and upset and-and- why would Ashton leave me in the middle of the night? What is he doing? Where is he?" Luke rambles, putting his head in his hands.

"I'll explain, Luke." Michael sighs. "I wish I could say it's not bad, Luke..." Michael sighs and Ashton sniffles, listening closely.

"Has Ashton told you he used to have a drug addiction?" Michael asks gently and Luke nods, and then gasps and looks up.

"Did he...? No, please no." He winces and Michael frowns and nods.

"He relapsed. He came back and explained it- briefly, and I decided to take you and leave. I know it might make you upset that I made that decision for you, but Ashton can't take care of you in your headspace if he's like that." Michael explains shortly, watching as Luke stares into nothing. Seconds after Michael's stopped talking Luke shakes his head.

"I understand. Thankyou for-for looking out for me." He chokes, breaking into sobs.

"C-can you c-call Ashton and make-make sure he's o-okay please?" Luke sobs into Calums chest- which he's now collapsed into.

"Honey-"

"Please! I d-don't ha-have to ta-talk to him but ple-please make sure he's okay!" Luke begs and Michael sighs and nods, taking his phone and taking it to another room.

"I know Luke, I'm so sorry." Calum coos, petting his head. "I'm sure he's going to be okay, yeah?"

"W-want him." Luke sobs and Calum nods.

"You understand why you can't see him right now though, right Lukey?" Calum asks and Luke nods.

"A-ash nee-needs to g-go to re-rehab, again. We-we need to- to tell h-his family." Luke chokes out, sitting up and wiping his eyes. Calum smiles and nods.

"Okay. I'll tell Michael. Do you know their numbers or anything?" Just then, Michael comes back in.

"He's not answering. I'm sorry Luke." Michael sighs and Calum speaks up.