291 16 2

"No, Luke. Yoube already had plenty of sugar today." Michael sighs as Luke begs to let him have some Nutella.

"But daddy-"

"I don't care what Ashton lets you do, I don't want to deal with your sugar high. You had dessert, it's time for bed. We're not talking about it anymore." Michael says in a stern tone and Luke whines.

It's been three weeks. Lukes not exactly adjusted to living with them, he still wants Ashton and cries sometimes, but he's in a much better mood, and getting much more comfortable. The more he's in his headspace, the happier he is in general. Michael's glad the boys able to be distracted.

Calum, however, is fully adjusted. He hardly minds sharing attention as long as he's getting plenty as well, and he loves having Luke around to always cuddle and play with. Michael imagines that when- if, when, he's not sure what to say at this point- Luke goes back to live with Ashton, calums going to be heartbroken.

Michael quite enjoys having the little blonde around as well. He's super sweet, and usually well behaved, and he makes Calum happy. The two keep eachother well entertained and haven't even fought so far, nor has there been any hair dye or otherwise troublesome incidents with the two- yet.

Luke whines and throws himself on the floor- making Calum, who's ready for bed and watching the ordeal, giggle- and Michael sighs, scooping the blonde up under his arms and putting him on his feet.

"Don't give me that sass, to bed with the both of you." He huffs dramatically, making the boys giggle as he herds them up to calums room, where he's put a second twin sized bed in for Luke, that the boys have pushed against calums so they can snuggle- calums bed is getting the most use it has in years, since before Luke was around Calum mostly slept with Michael.

"I don't want to hear any giggling or playing past ten, you understand me?" Michael warns in a gentle voice after tucking them in together with their favorite stuffies and a dummy in lukes mouth.

Calum grins and nods as Luke giggles. "Hey, what did I say about giggling?!" Michael teases, tickling both boys sides and making them erupt in fits of laughter.

He regrets getting them riled up a few minutes later when they're trying to wiggle out of bed and sighs, grabbing the melatonin gummies and giving them each two.

"What's this?" Luke asks.

"It's candy that makes you sleepy. It's yummy, eat it." Calum says and Luke shrugs and pops them in his mouth, laying down.

"Good boys. I love you both, be good." Michael says, kissing calums lips and Lukes forehead.

"Night dada, love you." Calum smiles.

"Night Mikey!" Luke grins and Michael chuckles.

"Good night, closed eyes, no giggles." Michael says again as he turns off the light and shuts the door behind him.

"Luke?" Calum whispers after a minute and Luke looks at him.

"We can sneak downstairs and you can get Nutella." Calum says quietly with a mischievous grin and Luke smiles.

"Mikey won't catch us?" Luke says worriedly. Sharing a bedroom with ash made doing anything like that impossible.

"No, I've done it before. We just have ta wait a bit for him to fall asleep." Calum nods and Luke grins and nods. "Mikey falls asleep quick so just a few minutes and we can go."

The boys wait- snickering quietly to eachother- for a good five minutes before carefully standing and creeping to the door, trying to open it silently and then sneaking down the stairs- Calum telling Luke which steps to avoid.

Soon they've made their way to the kitchen- failing to notice that the lights downstairs are still
all on- and are giggling as calum helps Luke crawl onto the counter to reach the yummy chocolate hazelnut spread. Calum grabs a spoon as Luke grabs the stuff and shuts the cupboard and starts to try and get down, when

"Hey, what do you two think you're doing?!" Michael shouts as he comes into the kitchen from the living room, phone pressed to his ear.

Luke shrieks, startled, and stumbles backwards, falling right off the counter and onto the floor on his back.

"Shit, I'll call you back." He says quickly into the phone as Luke begins sobbing and rushes to scoop the boy up, Calum watching guiltily.

"Shh, I'm sorry honey, are you okay?" He coos, Calum coming closer to comfort his friend and not missing the "you're in trouble" look his caregiver sends him.

"Owwy!" Luke cries.

"Oh, I know sweet pea, what hurts honey? Let Mikey see?" Michael comforts the boy as he carefully pulls up his t shirt to see his back, cringing at the bruising that's already started. "Let's get you some ice." Michale starts to stand but Calum beats him to it, rushing to the freezer and pulling out an ice pack, handing it to Michael who grabs a cloth and wraps the ice pack in it before setting it against the part of the blondes back that took the most impact. After a few moments and lots of comfort from both Michael and Calum, lukes cries calm down to sniffles.

"You two know much better than to try and sneak down to get into sweets I said you couldn't have, that was very naughty and look where it got you." Michael scolds and the two look down guiltily.

"Msorry, daddy." Calum says quietly, Luke glancing up at the man to view his face to make sure he's not angry before also apologizing.

"Sorry for bein naughty Mikey." The blonde mumbles and Michael nods, setting the boy on the ground.

"I'm not going to punish you Lukey, I think you got plenty of natural consequences. However, you." Michael says as he snatches calums arms and pulls him closer, turning him and smacking his pajama covered bottom twice quickly, which makes the boy shriek and whine.

"I'm sure you were the instigator and you know much better. If we have this problem again lukes gonna start sleeping in the guest room, understood? Both of you?" They both nod quickly and Michael smiles.

"Good. Gimme hugs and kisses and get your butts back in bed." He says and the two both take turns hugging him, Calum kissing his cheek and Luke accepting a hair kiss before they run back upstairs and hurry into bed, cuddling up and falling asleep.