313 14 1

"Hey Lukey, can you come with me please honey? I wanna talk." Michael asks and Luke frowns worriedly.

"You're not in trouble or anything sweetie, I just want to talk about something." Michael assures and Luke nods, following Michael into a different room. Calums asleep, but he'd gotten a chance to tell Michael about other things lukes said about his old dominant.

Michael sits on the couch and pats the spot in front of him and Luke sits, looking intently to Michael.

"I was wondering if you could tell me more about David, lu. You can be big if you'd like, and you don't have to tell me if you're not comfortable, but I think it would help me figure out the best way to take care of you and help you." Lukes confused, Michael's just said a lot of words. His headspace in younger than calums and he understands less than Calum when in headspace, which Michael hasn't exactly realized.

"Huh?" Luke asks and Michael chuckles.

"Why don't you try being big?" Michael offers and Luke pouts.

"Do I have to?" He whines.

"I would like you to try. It's important honey." Luke frowns and shuts his eyes tight, thinking for a while before he opens them.

"Okay. I'm sorry, I didn't understand, what did you wanna talk about?" He asks sadly and Michael frowns.

"Are you okay, Luke?" Luke looks at him and shrugs.

"It's easier to not remember when I'm little. I know he's gone and I miss him but I have an easier time thinking it's what's best. It's harder when I'm big because I want to be able to help him. I want to make him better but I know there's nothing I can do and I feel useless." Luke sighs and Michael frowns, holding his arms out and Luke gladly scoots into the hug, taking comfort.

"I know it's hard Lukey, you're doing so good. You're not useless. I know it seems like you could help, but I think having no contact with you will be better for Ashton, it'll give him more motivation to get better. And I don't think it would be good for your mental health to be around him when he's making decisions like this, little or not." Michael explains and Luke nods. "I just wanted to ask you about David. It seems like i scared you earlier when you were little and you mentioned him- don't feel pressured to tell me anything, but I thought if I knew I could do a better job taking care of you and not scaring you. Maybe if you're not comfortable you can just tell me some things I can make sure not to do so I don't scare you or do anything to make you uncomfortable when you're in headspace."

"Oh." Luke mumbles, scooting away. "Um, basically, David's the reason I have a headspace. He forced me to act like a kid and was really physically abusive, I dated him from when I was like seventeen to when I was nineteen and met ash. He got drunk and crashed and I lived with ash after that. Um, ash helped me get over most of the behavioral problems I had due to it and helped me mostly get over being scared anyone's going to hurt me, but sometimes I get scared. When you say things like "there will be consequences" it's scary when I'm little." Luke explains.

"Is there a better way I can say things?" Michael asks and Luke bites his lip.

"Um, maybe just like you did after, like, exactly what the consequence is going to be. I don't really know. It's also just.. hard when I'm little to not be scared at first. I'll get more comfortable, you won't have to be as careful." Luke rambles at the end and Michael smiles.

"I can do that. Is there anything else I should know to take care of you, honey?" Luke thinks again.

"Ashton always explains to me why I can't do something or why I was in trouble. And he stays really calm. That stuffs helpful." Luke says, tearing up. "I miss him. I want him Mikey."

Michael pulls Luke into his chest again as the boy sobs, and after a minute, Calum comes in and frowns, sitting behind Luke and hugging him from behind.

"We love you Lukey, you'll be okay. I'm sorry." Michael can tell cals little, he finds it endearing how the sweet boy tries to comfort his friend.

While the boys napped, Michael had called Ashton again and finally gotten him on the phone.

"What." Ashton had groaned, sounding miserable.

"Luke wants me to make sure to tell your family what's going on. Give me their phone numbers." Michael had demanded bluntly, not wanting to draw out the conversation.

"I'll tell them, you don't-"

"I didn't ask Ashton. Give me your mothers number." Michael sighs.

"I'm fine, I'll-"

"I'm not doing it for you you miserable piece of shit, Luke wants me to get ahold of your mom and let her know what's going on and help her get you into a rehab so that's what I'm going to do, I don't give a shit what you think." Michael rants quietly and the other man is quiet.

"I'm such a fuckup." He mumbles and Michael scoffs.

"You don't have to tell me, you bloody fucking pity party, I can see as well as you what you've done to yourself and how it's affecting your boyfriend. Now give me what I asked for."

"Is luke okay?"

"He's fine, no thanks to you." Michael sighs. He's not going to deny Ashton knowing that his baby is doing okay. No matter how bad he could ever fuck up, Michael would want to know calums okay. "He'd be a hell of a lot better if you got your shit together and got yourself in a position to take care of him so why don't you give me your moms number so we can get on that."

"Can I- can I talk-"

"I am not letting you talk to Luke until you're clean, asshat. Luke agrees that that's the right thing to do and for your littles well being you should as well."

"He needs me-"

"What you are right now is not what Luke needs. I'm making sure lukes getting what he needs, don't you worry about it. What Luke needs is for you to give me your moms damn phone number for fucks sake, I did not want this conversation to last this fucking long." Michael grumbles.

"It's in lukes phone under Mama Anne, but I don't think he remembers it's there." Ashton sighs.

"Thankyou." Michael sighs. "Really Ashton. Lukes okay, I'll make sure he stays okay, but he misses you, and he needs you to get your shit together. You can see him as soon as you're better, so you oughta do it quick, man." Those are the only sympathetic, kindest words the mans going to get from him. Michael had hung up and planned to ask Luke to unlock his phone for him later so he can get the number.

"Hey Luke?" Michael asks once the boys calmed down some.

"Y-yeah?" Luke responds.

"Ashtons moms number is in your phone. If you open it up and find it for me, I'll give her a call, okay?" Luke nods and gets up, going to find his phone and finding the contact.

"So you talked to him?" Luke asks and Michael smiles sympathetically.

"I did. I let him know that you're okay and told him to get his ass in gear so you can have him back." Luke nods and sniffles, showing Michael the number and Michael puts it in his contacts. He notices Luke looking at him intensely and smiles.

"You want me to do it now?" Luke nods and he chuckles, ruffling the boys hair.

"Alright. I'll be back in a few."