Chapter 18 - Paralized

Finally did the day end. It could really not have gone any worse despite something slightly positive happening though the whole ordeal with Col. Mann certainly put a damper to it.

Sighing and running a hand over her face after she had locked herself into her house, Olivia leaned against the wooden surface of her front door. "Man, what a day..."

Kicking off her shoes, she trudged into her kitchen and grabbed a glass from the cupboard before she headed to the fridge. She pulled out the milk box and poured herself a large glass full of fresh milk. Putting back the box, she closed the fridge and went over to her table where she sat down and thought about today's events. Especially the last news about Col. Mann that she got didn't sit well with her. Why did Director Shepard need her help in this damn case? Col. Mann was the last person who wanted to work with Olivia right about now. This was going to be hell.

Resting her forehead against the cold surface of her table, Olivia sighed tiredly, "Great...just...great."

It was then that her doorbell rang, making her frown as she straightened up and rose to her feet. Walking to her front door, Olivia blinked surprised when seeing DiNozzo there.

"Tony?"

"In the flesh."

"Uh, what brings you here?"

"Just wanted to make sure that you were alright."

Squinting her eyes at him, she crossed her arms above her chest, "Uh huh..."

"You wound me," he sighed, pressing his hand against his chest. "I'm serious, though."

Olivia stepped aside and invited him inside. As he followed her inside and closed the front door, he looked around with a smile. He had never been to her place but it sure felt like a warm place to live. It held so much life and love. His was modern and so very clean. He liked it that way but he always knew that he missed something like the way Olivia provided her home with. Maybe when he got lucky enough one day to find a woman then he would get that last touch to his place. He could only hope.

"You want a beer?" she offered, calling from the kitchen after he had taken a seat on the couch.

"Thanks but I'll pass. Maybe just a club soda if you have any?"

"Sure."

A few moments later and Olivia was sitting next to DiNozzo, sipping from her glass filled with water while he drank some club soda.

Silence.

More silence which started to make it awkward.

Olivia eyed him closely.

"What?" he finally asked.

"I'm still waiting on the real reason for your appearance."

Sighing, Tony placed down the club soda and leaned back on the couch.

"You and Gibbs?"

Olivia felt her heartrate elevate and her cheeks flared up, "What about Gibbs?"

Tony gave her a look, "Do I have to mention this morning? Really?"

She bit her lip and closed her eyes, sighing. "There is nothing to tell..yet."

He rose a brow, "Elaborate."

"As you remember, I left you two this morning rather quickly."

"Yup. Boss wasn't pleased about that."

"Well, neither was I but he is, was..well seeing Col. Mann. So, it was the right thing to do."

"You really are a goody good heart, Liv. Ever tried to think of you first?"