5

The holidays hadn't been as much fun as Harry hoped so far. The days consisted of getting up in the middle of the day, getting some lunch between the tons of movies he was watching and then falling back to sleep in the early morning hours. Oh, and he took a shower every second day, mainly after he had a 'sex date' with Louis.

But because today Gemma would come by, Harry was up early, cleaning the house and making sure he had enough food in the fridge. As he set everything up he took a minute and sat down at the piano again, He played the part he was practising for so long finally clear and beautiful. It was such a good feeling, he wasn't able to play more though, the only parts he mastered were the first and the chorus.

The second part was really complex, which was why he always stopped there. He played the first part one more time before he closed the fallboard and just stayed in silence for a while, just about to go when he heard a melody, coming right from the other side of the wall playing the second part. Sounding perfect.

Harry let himself fall onto the stool again, and fuck, he scrunched his face in pain. He listened to the muffled melody roar through the thin walls. Harry was surprised, Louis was talented. Harry tried to play along but only by tapping onto the keys, not pushing them down until Louis stopped right before the second chorus.

Silence filled the room, the only thing Harry could hear was his heartbeat. He hesitated but then started playing the chorus, at first quietly but he got more and more comfortable, just letting his hands glide along with the keyboard without thinking about it. Louis joined for the last bit until the song was over.

Harry caught himself smiling.

-

"Harry!" Lilah ran into his arms as soon as he opened the door, wrapping her arms tightly around his neck. Gemma and Michal chuckled at the little girl clasping around Harry's neck, not willing to let him go. "Hey princess." Harry laughed as he got up, the brown-haired girl still sitting in his arm, she smiled so wide her eyes crinkled at the sides.

"Nice to see you." Gemma greeted him with a slight hug and kiss on the cheek, she knew he hated that, which was why she did it every time. "Come in," Harry stepped aside letting Michal follow his wife. Harry showed them around, "I have to admit I didn't think it would be so cleaned up." Gema said raising an eyebrow if she only knew.

"I'm just kidding." Harry rolled his eyes playfully. "So who wants to play hide and sheek?" Lilah jumped off of Harry's waist "Yes! But I don't count."

"Me neither."

"Mommy you count." Lilah giggled and dragged Harry downstairs searching for a good place to hide. "You are all such children." He heard her laugh.

-

"Now tell me, what's going on."

"What do you mean?" Gemma always knew when something wasn't like it should be. "I'm not blind Harold, what's his name?" Harry frowned "There is no one."

"Then what?" Harry sneaked a look at his phone, nothing. "There is this thing," Harry checked if Michal and Lilah would hear them but they were busy playing on his PlayStation. "Do you remember the movie friends with benefits?"

"The one with Justin Timberlake?"

"Yes, but that's not the point." It took a few minutes to explain and make her understand the whole thing.

"Since when are you doing this?"

Harry didn't know but it started shortly before his first semester "About three, four months?"

"But you know that this is never working out, right?"

"Yes, it does. We agreed on just sex, no private stuff, no feelings... just, you know." His sister bust out laughing. "What are you laughing about?" Michal appeared in the doorframe, Lilah half asleep on his arm. "Just some childhood stories." Gemma talked it off giving Harry a wink. "I think we will leave now,"