13

Harry woke up with his head feeling twice the size and- Louis in his bed?? God his head was pounding and he got a little dizzy when he sat up. "What happened?"

"Depends on what you remember," Louis said with a rough morning voice. "I don't know. Not much."

"But you do remember the joint right?" Unfortunately, yes. "Don't remind me." But everything after was a big fat blur. The only thing he remembered was fragments of Niall talking to him, not even knowing what about.

"Why are you here? Did we have like-"

"No, no we didn't. I had to pick you up." Louis rubbed his eyes with the back of his hand and stretched his back until it cracked a bit on what he groaned. "Oh god." Harry buried his face in his hands. "Yeah, you couldn't even walk alone, how much did you drink??"

"A few shots." He grumbled.

"A few as in a whole bottle or is your tolerance limit just simply low?" It had definitely been more than just one bottle according to how badly his head was throbbing.

"Have I been embarrassing?" Louis laughed as if he had been worse than just that. "Not at all. You were a bit clingy. But just a bit."

"And you were extremely moody." Harry drew his eyebrows questioning.

"Well, you wanted to sleep on the rooftop like the guy in Hangover. That was a quote by the way, and then you wanted to dance. Oh, and you wanted to bake a cake."

"Oh god." Harry tangled his fingers into the roots of his hair. His sigh fell to the table that was spread with take-out trash vom different restaurants. "Did I eat all this??" The black space in his head didn't allow him to remember anything that happened last night.

"Most of it."

The answer induced a weird feeling in Harry's belly that kept growing and got unbearable when he thought about eating all this. "You okay, you look a bit pale?"

"Yeah, yeah." He nodded, feeling how everything inside his stomach needed to get out. He only made it a few more seconds before he stormed out of the room and ran into the bathroom. He hurtfully fell onto his knees on the cold and hard floor, bowing over the edge of the toilet and emptying the whole contents from his stomach. In between coughing, choking and sobbing for air he felt someone take care of his curls.

The situation was embarrassing enough anyway, but that only made it worse. "Here, drink that." Louis offered him a bottle of water. Where the fuck did he get that from? Harry took it thankfully, swallowing the cold liquid, feeling it spread down his sore throat.

It was only the first day of the new year and Harry already felt miserable. He dropped his head onto his arm on the edge of the toilet seat and groaned. What the hell happened to him through the last year? Since when did he take an offer for a joint or drink so much and the whole neighbours with benefits shit was also so not him. Suddenly, he had Sarah's voice in his head, saying Louis was a bad influence.

Maybe she was right? But it wasn't any of her business Harry was a grown-up man... maybe not in his mentally but... physically. Hopefully.

"I thought we didn't-" Harry breathed seeing the two little red spots on the olders' neck, through exhausted eyes. "Like I said you were clingy."

-

There was more than enough to do for Harry in the house the following weekend. He did a deep cleaning to all of his stuff, decluttering everything that didn't make him shine. What turned out to be a lot, actually. Then he also did some stuff in the garden like seating new plants and mowing the lawn. He wanted to have a fresh start into the new year without any disturbing.