10

"So, are you and Luke like... a couple?" Harry finally broke the silence. He didn't mean to say it but it was fucking late and Harry was so tired he could easily fall asleep on the spot, in times like these he didn't think about what he said.

"So you do care?" Louis looked up from where he was sat, leaning against the table, Harry on the opposite wall facing him. "No, I just don't want to get in between." He lied keeping the anger inside that was burning in his chest. He was angry at everything at the moment, the stupid video, the door that still didn't open after they had tried literally everything, Luke, for being there and himself, for not being able to resist and giving in and let Louis... ugh, nevermind.

Harry's eyes fluttered open a bit, seeing Louis confused, "Nevermind just forget what I said, I do talk some shit when it's late." Then he closed his eyes again and leaned his head back, it must be like four am. Louis chuckled, keeping him from falling asleep. "Okay, but to answer your question, I don't know what we are." Harry drew his eyebrows.

"I mean with him it's not just meaningless sex like with you." Ouch. Okay, hearing him say that hurt, deep down inside of Harry was a spark of hope that Louis maybe saw something more in it than just sex. But the words also sounded a bit sarcastic.

"I feel like he likes me."

"Isn't that something good?" Harry asked, Louis just shrugged, stretched his legs and sighed annoyed. "Ugh, we can't stay here the whole night."

"Oh, and what do you want to do? Jump out the window?" Harry snapped. As he got no answer he opened his eyes, "Louis, no." But the man had already opened the window.

"Why didn't I think of it, it's only like two meters."

He couldn't be serious, Harry got up and bowed above the windowsill next to Louis. "That's definitely more than 'only two meters'." He mocked with the sharpest accent he was able to put on, gaining an eye roll from Louis. He opened his mouth to say something but then closed it again, his eyebrows drawn and eyes focused on Harry's hair.

Then Louis reached out and pulled a small hairpin out of his hair. Harry had totally forgotten about it, the hair strand that he tugged back with it fell into his forehead. "I'm starting to like these curls," Louis said and turned heading to the door. Harry only watched from where he was standing. A cold breeze embracing him, letting his hoodie flutter.

Louis turned the pin in the door lock, Harry hoped it works but he hadn't any faith in it, not long after, as he listened closely he heard a click. "No fucking way." Louis smiled proudly as he turned to Harry and opened the door. "Yes, fucking way."

-

Louis

Harry fell asleep on the ride back home, the whole stress and exhaustion broke down on him. Louis watched him closely as he stopped in the younger‘s driveway. He wore Louis’ shirt underneath his jumper, Louis caught himself smiling at that, he decided to drive around a bit before dropping him off to let the boy sleep at least a bit, he looked so tired.

"Louis!" Luke ripped him out of his thoughts. "Huh?"

"If you want to go out tonight?" Luke asked taking a big drew of his cigarette. "Can't, I have dinner with my family today." Something the Tomlinson household did once a week in December, since Louis moved out, just to keep the family together.

He wasn't lying, but he was happy to have that as an excuse because, he didn't want to go on a date with the man. Actually, he didn't even want to see him again after the one night stand they had, but Luke was so clingy. "And the day after?"

Louis looked up from his Mac, he was writing on the second page of his essay, "I will text you." He said uninterested and clearly annoyed, hoping Luke would be satisfied with that. Luke stubbed out the cigarette in the ashtray and got up from the windowsill. "Oh and by the way, what about your birthday? We could do something before you go to your family‘s." Luke talked continuously heading out of Louis' room.