16

Louis was the first to look at the mistletoe above them. "Nice try but it's not Christmas time anymore." The man just shrugged Louis' comment off and went back to the paper stuff behind the counter.

"Well I was just about to put it off today but something told me I should leave it, just one more day. I had a feeling it could be useful. So it must be a sign that you two stumble right then out. Plus it still counts... it's a mistletoe." What did he mean useful? Harry frowned. The old man burst out laughing. "Just go and enjoy the evening."

"Have a nice evening as well." They have just left the store, when Louis hurried back inside, leaving Harry in the cold, in front of the huge, closed, wooden door and coming back a few seconds later with a wide smile on his lips.

"What?"

"Nothing."

He didn't stop smiling, leaving Harry in curiosity, the whole way back. As they were halfway through town, heading back to the car it suddenly started pouring just out of nowhere.

"Run!" Louis yelled covering his hair with his jacket. "Unlock the car!" Harry rushed him, not able to hold his laughter in as Louis took ages to finally find the key...

In the end they arrived soaking wet and dripping from their head to toe in front of Harry's door. The water dripped off every single strand of Louis' hair, streaming down his face, glueing his lashes together making his eyes hide even brighter in a way that can only be described as beautiful.

"You know what's coming next right?" Louis smirked pulling something small out of his pocket. "You did not-" Harry chuckled. The mistletoe. "Is that why you went into the bookstore again?"

"Obviously."

"You are so-" Louis cut him off with a quick kiss that got slower and deeper with every second. Every part of Harry's body craved for more. "Unbelievable, I know." Louis gasped.

The doorbell pulled Harry back to reality, he put the plate he was drying off down next to the sink and opened the door. "Hello, Harold," Niall said and pushed past him. He should probably get a second key for the blonde lad, he practically lived with him.

He didn't even come for a purpose anymore, he was just sticking around. Harry loved the bond they had, it felt special. There was nothing he could do or say wrong, Niall would never judge him and that is based on reciprocity, plus Niall was always up to do any stupid decision together with him. Any time. "Want some pizza?"

"Why do you think I'm here??" He asked self-explanatory.

-

"Reach me the salt please." Louis took the small container and reached it over to Harry. "Perfect," Harry praised. "And now fifty minutes in the oven." He spoke to himself closing the oven door proudly.

While they waited for the dinner to be ready Harry continued reading the last book of the ones he had gotten from the bookstore a few weeks ago. And Louis watched the new episode of 'chucky' the series while he played with Harry's hair, like always. Harry leaned with his back against Louis's chest. "Haz."

The curly-headed man overstretched his head, leaving the pages and closing his eyes as Louis leaned down to place a soft kiss onto the tip of his nose. "Lou." He replied, like they always did without a reason, but yet he had the feeling Louis wanted to say something, something that meant much but all that followed was silence.

Louis had been patient for four weeks now, but there was still one date missing. Harry must say, he didn't expect Louis to last longer than the first one. And the fear that Louis would only want him for his body was gone.