4: A Surprise Encounter

(Kelly's P.O.V)

I recognized his voice as soon as I heard it. My heart began thundering wildly in my chest at the realization that of all the possible places to be -

He'd found me. Here.

Inside the Spades Castle.

"L---Levie-" I gasped, forcing myself to take deep breaths to quell my raging pulse.

Stay calm.

Just....stay calm.

"Ah ha ha ha!" The wizard suddenly began chuckling aloud and quickly spun me around in his arms. In the blink of an eye, he had his hands on my shoulders, turning me to face him.

A single, gloved thumb affectionately brushed my cheek as his bright, icy eyes bore into my gaze.

"I really like you, you know." He was smiling, happily staring at me with both excitement and adoration. I could see it in his expression, that he almost seemed like a child at heart.

Just....a young boy, looking for a friend.

"Even the way you say my name...it just sweeps me right off my feet..."

Levie lowered his face closer to mine, unable to help himself from biting his bottom lip as he sheepishly looked over me.

"Say it again for me....would you?"

Nope.

Definitely not looking for a friend.

"D----Don't get so close!!!" I yelped in embarassment as I threw my hands forward and shoved off the awkward man. He stumbled backwards only slightly, but shook off the surprise easily -

Because as soon as I met his eyes once more, he was beaming brightly from ear to ear.

"HA HA HA HA HA!"

Levie proceeded to take a seat on the study table just behind him, lazily leaning back against one hand as he winked at me and licked his lips.

"You're way too cute."

I could feel the steam leaking out of my ears as my face lit up in a bright, tomato-red blush.

"You hurt my friend! And you injured all of those people!" I exclaimed, trying to push away his sensual advances in an attempt to get straight to the point.

"Mhmm. And?" Levie was already focusing elsewhere, glancing around the vast library in bored curiousity.

I growled, gritting my teeth as I began looking around wildly, trying to find a weapon to use to defend myself. If anything went wrong, the least I could do was use my own Magic Barrier, though I was already aware I had to be careful of that.

After all, if the rumours really were true, he was probably alot more powerful than I realised.

"What's your angle!? Don't you feel terrible!?" I tried to keep the conversation going as I searched.

Wait - there it is.

I glanced to my left and managed to spot a lead iron poker by the library fireplace. As quickly as I could, I snatched it up -

WHOOSH!

But Levie was already standing infront of me, holding onto the top of the iron bar as I grasped the middle of it. His speed and intensity was so incredibly fast, I could hardly swallow.

"Ah ah. There's no need for violence now.." He warned me firmly, just as his fingers, which were now completely removed from one of his gloves, began sparking.