16: Stay with Me

"Mom!! Mom wait! Come back!!"

There was a cold, autumn chill in the air. Leaves were dancing all around us, the picture of a perfect September day.

But...it was anything but that.

I was screaming. Crying and sobbing so loud and hard, my eyes and my throat were burning. Every inch of my heart that could carry feelings and emotion was crumbling into dust, leaving me with nothing but ashes that I couldn't grasp.

My life was changing before me. I knew it.

"Levie, don't make this harder than it is."

Mother's words were firm, stone cold and without a shred of pain. It killed me even more to hear her say my name with no remorse.

You're leaving me.

How can you not shed a single tear for your son?

I pulled and fought ruthlessly against the Disciples that held me and pulled me from my mother.

"STOP! Let me GO!"

I thrust my foot on the ground and caused an immediate shift in the air, cracking the asphalt with my Magic as my terrorized fear got the better of me. The Magicians that held my tiny, childish arms were knocked back, when -

"ENOUGH!"

Mother yelled so loud, my ears began to ring. The cracking of the ground and the shards of pavement that shattered and flew everywhere suddenly came to a screeching hault in midair, then dropped to their place in the dirt.

Infront of my eyes was the hexagonal pattern of a Magic barrier.

Some said, only she possessed such innate Magic to create such a thing. Only she had the true ability to stop any attack in it's tracks -

I took in a deep, heavy breath as I watched her stare me down.

Now, I could see it.

The tears in her eyes.

"M-mom...." I wept.

She grit her teeth, but refused to move.

"Levie....this is for your own good, my son."

The disciples got to their feet and had me in their clutches once again in an instant.

"You will grow up to be tall, and strong. You have my eyes, and your fathers nose..."

She smiled that smile at me.

The one that knew...this would be our last time seeing eachother.

"Come on, Levie. It's time to go." The Disciples began to pull me away, but I begged and pleaded not to go.

"I love you....with everything I am."

She turned away and dissapeared before I could tell her how much I loved her too.

~~~~~~~~~~

(Alice's P.O.V)

"AH!!"

I jumped out of my skin, throwing my body up and forward so ruthlessly that the nightmare I was experiencing was knocked out of my brain.

Panting, restless and anxious, I held onto my chest as I tried to get my bearings. I was covered in a red and gold silk tasseled duvet, and even the sheets underneath me felt like they were some of the finest quality one could buy in Cradle.