5: Anti-Hero

(Kelly's P.O.V)

The attack inside the library, as chaotic as it was, had been a large wake up call to exactly what kind of ability this new enemy; Levie, had. Having managed to break through the mirror and ascend from the Land of the Looking Glass, then seeing his true power not once, but twice in that same fateful day - 

It was all so much to process, I didn't actually feel the weight of what had happened until I was escorted to bed that night.

As soon as Ray received Luka's letter from Gin, I witnessed his expression turn both extremely serious, and extremely concerned. Without so much as an explanation, he ordered Seth to take me back to my room to rest, then called a mandatory emergency meeting that all of the lieutenants had to attend. When asked when it would start, Ray merely replied: "Right now." 

I wouldn't find out until the next morning that their meeting had lasted the entire rest of the night.

And it wasn't until I awoke, did I find myself being escorted straight to the Red Army Castle...

(The next morning)

"Wh---what!?" Still in my pajama's, I was currently standing at my door while Fenrir looked on from the hallway. He was pouting; a sure fire sign that he felt guilty for what he was asking of me.

"Kelly...I know you don't want to go. I know Jonah and Lancelot can be selfish..."

I shook my head wildly, incredulous that he, along with the rest of the Black Army, were actually pushing me to go.

"It's not only that, Fenrir! My place is here with you! With the Spades!" I bit my lip as my frustrated eyes stared down the lieutenant, watching him grit his teeth in torn anger.

"I know, I know..." He rose a gloved hand and comfortingly placed it on my shoulder. Our stares met, and Fenrir refused to turn his away from mine.

"But...after so much discussion last night...it's just too dangerous. If you hadn't of used your barrier to protect yourself, or worse, if you hadn't of been able to protect yourself in that library...not one of us could have come to your aid. None of us had any inkling something was wrong." Fenrir swallowed heavily, his expression imploring me to understand.

"Look...even if it's a drastic change, Luka is right. The Red Army has Magic, much more than we do, and they can protect you much easier than we could. Levie practically waltzed right in here last night without us even realising.." I was stunned into silence, listening to Fenrir's words as he attempted to convince me. 

As I thought about it more and more, I couldn't exactly deny any of his claims. He was right, Levie had literally infiltrated this Castle without alerting a single guard, and his abilities were so out of the ordinary, it would be easy for him to break in again.

And the next time...based on Levies' behaviour, it wasn't so farfetched to think that he could take me hostage. 

I bit my lip, then looked down at my feet.

"But....I don't....want to leave you...." I mumbled feebly, wishing there was some other way. I could feel my heart clenching as I realised how much I would miss my friends, and how many fun and exciting moments I had had with the Spades, that would only sum up to memories now.

The Ace of the Black Army stepped forward once more, pushing the door open beside me enough so he could curl his arms around my form. Overwhelmed with dissapointment, I leant into his touch, just as the weight of the decision was falling onto my shoulders.

Who am I kidding..?

The longer I stay here...the more in danger Ray and everyone else will be in.