22: Immortal

(Jonah's P.O.V)

Staring at the form of the girl I loved, tortured from being forced to consume and shed too much innate Magic through her veins, I could hardly contain the hatred inside of me.

It was burning.

Piercing my heart.

Engulfing my chest.

I began breathing heavily, seething through my teeth as I stared. Desperately searching for a plan. My eyes stared at her, feral and unable to control even the smallest twitch of her own body.

Disgusting. It was horrifying to see what he'd made her.

I turned my threatening gaze to our enemy, Amon, as he stood beside himself with glee. He analyzed us with chaotic joy, indulging in our pain as Levie and I watched Alice writhe and struggle in torment.

"Sad to see, isn't it?" He almost seemed to giggle as he spoke.

"Alice the Second, so infused with Magic Power that she can't even contain her own strength." A maniacal snicker fell from the man's lips just as a whine came from Alice. Her hands shook violently, before she held one up and -

KA-TOOOOM!!!

Shot a gigantic blast of energy to the East, engulfing an exspanse of at least 30 feet wide in flames.

I gasped instantly in reflex as Levie jumped infront of me to keep me from being caught by any aftershocks.

"What kind of game is this, asshole!?" Castell had never pulled his punches. He seethed at the man, waiting and strategizing for the right time to make his move.

"Letting the girl fight your battles? You never change. Clearly you haven't succeeded in becoming innate."

My brother meant to wind up the Tower Disciple, but the villain hardly flinched. I however, felt my world suddenly shake before me.

Amon... doesn't have innate Magic?

The entire situation suddenly changed. Amon's eyes burned with a thirst of blood.

..if he wasn't innate. How was he holding Alice and not being injured by her?

"What you see before you is truth. Cradle is crumbling to ruins for every moment you sit here in the Looking Glass and do nothing. Alice here is just like the others." He held her wrist and showed her off like a prize to be won, even as the young girl grimaced, grunted and trembled as her hands glowed a piercing red.

"You don't have much time. Save your girlfriend, Jonah. But as you hesitate, her life becomes shorter, and so does Cradles'." Amon's piercing grin of malice shot right at me, and once more I felt that deep hatred burn in my chest. With a heavy growl, I stepped forward to rebuke, but Levie held his arm firm infront of me, ensuring I remained within the barrier he'd put up.

"Easy, tiger. Not yet." He hissed.

"G-gyaaaahhhh!!!!"

Alice suddenly began to shake and flail her arms uncontrollably. Unable to withstand the fluctuating strengths of her powers, she threw her arms out and grabbed onto the first thing she could find. A feral, animalistic yelp beckoned from her as she squeezed Amon's arm and shoulder, before a sudden burst of electric power blasted through him and broke apart the flesh of his right limb.

"AGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"

It only took a second for Levie and I to spring into action.

Amon jumped back from Alice, desperately searching for a Magic Crystal inside his jacket to immediately heal the nub that had once been his arm and shoulder. Levie burst forth and tackled Alice to the ground, ripping the gag from her mouth and tearing the mask from her face. I jumped from the barrier, ignoring the electric air all around me to try and support my brother when -