7: A Curse

(Sirius P.O.V)

I couldn't tell what I was doing.

I wasn't even thinking anymore.

I was just so incredibly angry, and so mixed up in the complications of worry, frustration, and my own faults due to my injuries -

I grabbed Ray (whom, among other injuries, was clearly suffering amnesia due to his head wound) and walked him both slowly and painfully to the nearest help I could find. The Hearts castle was just up ahead, and after a long and painful trek where both Ray and I had to nearly crawl multiple times just to get there, we managed reach the small entrance staircase and overcome the difficult steps to pause at the door.

WHAM WHAM WHAM!

I banged on the wood entrance with my fist, as loud and as hard as I could muster. I was barely able to hold myself on my feet, and Ray, whom was leaning dizzily off of my other shoulder, was in an even more sorry state than I was.

"I don't want to be here. I don't know what this place is." He innocently rebutted.

"It's fine." I chided, as if I was comforting a child.

"You're friends are here. You'll like it."

"My friends??"

Ray's pupils were teetering back and forth, unable to focus on a single fixation due to his head trauma. He questioned me, but could hardly keep himself standing.

"But I don't...even know you. Much less these.....friends..."

I had to close my eyes as a jolt of pain caused my shoulders and back to tense up. I winced, wishing someone, anyone, would come to the door to help coddle our wounds.

With the pain, I was already finding it harder and harder to answer the King's questions.

"Papa Sirius."

I muttered back as I rose my weak hand to the door once more.

"I'm your friend. And you can call me....Papa Sirius."

WHAM! WHAM!

"SOMEONE! ANYONE!" My voice shook as I yelled into the snowy wind that blew past us. It wasn't shocking to me that as a Black Army lieutenant waiting at the doorstep of the Hearts Castle, I was being pushed to settle for a long, and possibly distant welcome.

If I knew better, it was possibly one that would never come.

Though... If Lance was passing by-

THOK!

The lock of the door suddenly released, and my entire body lit up in relief.

"Could you be anymore loud and obnoxi-!?"

I didn't even care when Jonah popped his ugly head out from the door. I stepped forward and practically fell into his arms, effectively inturrupting him from sassing me even more than usual.

"Jonah-" I wheezed as my head began to spin more, not just with the pain, but now with the comfort of knowing we were going to be looked after. Even if it was the rudest of the Hearts' generals that had found us first.

"S-Sirius!?" The eldest Clemence practically spat my name as his broad chest stiffened up to keep me level. I was already staining his uniform with blood.

"We were attacked. Ray doesn't even know who he is." The King, whom by now had released his hold on my other shoulder, was swaying back and forth as he tried to keep his vertigo from knocking him off balance. His eyes were flittering left and right with his throbbing concussion.