Chapter 8

👆🏼 This song 💗.

Do you listen the songs I uploaded with the chapters?

Do you like them? I share the ones that are almost related to the chapters.

******************

After spending sometime in washroom, Sourabh left from there. As he was walking in the corridor, a familiar voice stopped him,

"Sourabh!"

His heart skipped a beat. He stopped. He closed his eyes and took a deep breathe, released it. He turned to see Tanu with a smiling face.

"Hi,Tanu!", he said with a forced smile. They shook hands.

She looks so happy with him. He thought.

"Hi! You-", Tanu paused when she noticed his bruised knuckles. Her heart panged at the thought that he had been hurt. She looked in his eyes, they were Red! She felt pain. What happened to him?

"What happened?" She said pointing towards his hand worriedly, "and your eyes are also red, were you crying?"

His eyes widened and shook his head ,"No..no..nothing happened. It was just... something got into my eyes and about hands i..i..I fell" She looks at him for a second and nodded.

I know he is lying. But What would have happened that he is in this condition?

"Let me bandage. Come with me", she said and dragged him with her. He was surprised. She too was surprised by her actions. He was following her, hand in hand and his gaze was fixed on his angel, adoring her. He was smiling like a fool.

They sat down at a nearby table. Tanu was getting the first aid kit in her purse as she always carries it with her. No one knows when something bad might happens. So she is always ready for it. And yes, she is a responsible person. Who says she is irresponsible? Her mom! Like every Indian mom.

She started applying medicine on his wound. She felt an intense gaze as she was applying. She knew who's it was. But she kept doing her work. He was lovingly gazing her.

She has become even more beautiful now.

Her round innocent eyes,
In which I would love to get drown
deep to reach her soul,
From where
I never want to come out,
Her greek nose,
Always takes all my attention,
Her soft wheatish cheeks,
I would like to pull them to tease her
But every time she is near me,
I would love to caresses them,
Her silky dark brown hair,
I would love to smell orchids, lavender in them
Her soft pink petal lips,
I would love to savour-

His stopped and was shocked of himself.

Why am I thinking this way for her? This is wrong. She belongs to someone else now. This is not right. I have to stop these thoughts.

He was so lost in his thoughts. Someone shook him, he gets in his senses. He looked at the his angel who was looking at him in confusion. My doubt is right. Something has happened to him. He is looking so lost.

"Are you alright?" She asked.

"Yes, I am alright", He said showing his casual yet not so casual behaviour. He looked at his now bandaged hand and smiled. He thanked her.

"No need to thank", She said returning a smile.

"You are here with me. You must have come with someone, he must be looking for you by now", he said gritting his teeth.

"They must be busy doing couple things. I am sure they won't not try to find me 'yet' sad life" she muttered under her breathe.

"What??", he didn't hear what she said.

"Umm..Actually I came with my best friends who are a couple and they are busy with each other. You know what happens when you come with a couple. So I came out giving an excuse", she said and giggles. He looked at her like she has grown two heads.

"WHAT?!?" He whispered confusingly.

"What what?" She asked looking confused.

"Umm..oh...I mean you came with your best friends!", he said giving her nervous smile.

"Yes! Best friends! And they love each other alot", she said who was confused by his behaviour. He choked his saliva. She immediately got up to pat him on his back and gave him water. He accepted it. He mentally slapped himself when realisation hits him.

They are best friends. They must be teasing like we do with our besties.

OH GODDDD!

He loves her friend not her.

But her best friend was not there!

She was but you were so blind that you only saw Tanu and him.

He cursed himself.

When did I become like this? I was never like this.

OH GODDD! Help me!

Aapke saath ek chota sa prank hua hai.(A little prank has happened to you)

His subconscious laughs at him.

Shut up!!

"Sourabh, Are you okay?", Her voice broke his chain of thoughts. He startled.

"Yes, I am totally fine now", He said. She nodded.

He was overjoyed. But did not show his overbearing enthusiasm in front of her. He finally heaved a sigh of relief.

I am really stupid.

No doubt!

He ignored him.

"You must have also come with someone. They must be looking for you too", Tanu said. Please don't tell you came with your girlfriend.

Does he have a girlfriend?

NO!!

"Our situation is same. Like you I also came with a couple, Ravi and his fiancé. I was feeling like a third wheel in them, so I came out too" He said, "Do you want to meet them, don't you?". She agreed.

In their way to them, she called Pooravi to tell her that she will go her home on her own as she met her old friends. She didn't told her Sourabh's name knowing her teasing.

"Bro, you took-", Ravi stopped as he looked at the girl beside him. He passed him a knowing look. Sourabh ignored him.

"Hi,Tanu. How are you?", he said and shook their hands. She replied positively and asked him the same. He introduced Priyal to her. She gave her positive vibes. After spending some quality time, they call it a night.

They bid good byes to Ravi and Priyal. As Tanu was leaving too bidding him good bye, he stopped her.

"Tanu message me once you reach home", He said. She felt delighted. With a wide smile she nodded. He stayed there watching her disappearing.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A/N

Hello, dear readers. How's the chapter?

What were you expecting about his misunderstanding? Were you expecting him to become devdas or move on?

The Poem in the chapter is my creation. Hope you like it.

Thanks.
~the_fictioneer