Chapter 19

Author's POV

"Main hoon na! (Don't worry, I am there)", saying he left. Tanu's heart flattered hearing this.

"Ritika, how are you? I heard you were stuck in the lift last night", Sameer said sitting beside her.

"I am fine. Thanks", She said. After talking to them for a while, he went to attend a call.

By then Sourabh came with food and giving them he said, "Here you go"

Both the girls looked at him and passed him 'are you serious' look. He let out a sigh.

"Okay, okay!"

Saying, he fed a morsel to Tanu and then to Ritika.

"You know, this doesn't suits you. The mean Sourabh is better", Ritika nodded spitting the 'fact'.

"You want to eat or not?"

This shuts Ritika up. Both Tanu and Sourabh looked at her holding back their smile. Like this, they finished the meal.

"Are you ready for the performace?", Tanu asked. Both nodded.

"Performace is going to be lit!",Sourabh said.

"And whose idea is that!", Tanu said, flipping her hair forgetting the mehandi (heena) in her hands.

"My mehandi! My hair!", Tanu widened her eyes. Ritika burst out in laughing.

"Let me see" Sourabh helped her in hair making her breathe hitched with the closeness. She was sitting and he was bending in front of her. She saw that the first three buttons of his shirt were open and giving her a good view. Her thoughts went to the last night scene when she saw him half naked with damp hair. She blushed.

"Done?", she asked putting away her wild thoughts. Her warm breathe near his chest were doing things in him too. She heard him gulped. She could hear his heart beat which was faster than normal.

"Uh, Yes", Saying he pulled back and they shared an eyelock.

"Ahem!!!"

They looked towards the owner of the voice and saw that Ritika had a mischievous smile on her face. They cleared their throat.

"Umm I am going to see if others are ready?", Tanu immediately left the place with her red cheeks. He also left with some excuse. Ritika laughed at them but was a little disappointed because she wanted to tease them.

Don't worry, i will get many more chances.

She grinned at the thought.

Sameer ,who still was on call, saw Sourabh coming out of a room. He hung up the phone and was about to walk to him but stopped when he saw a mixed race girl behind him. They went away as if they didn't know each other. He knitted his eyebrows in confusion and suspicion. He looked around and saw that this place isn't usually used by the visitors. It was some isolated area.

What was he doing here? With that girl?

This was not the first time he had seen them together and alone.

It was the time for sangeet ceremony. The bride who has just completed her mehandi after more than 2 hours, happily sat down with her groom, Ravi to watch the performaces of sangeet ceremony.

Their families danced. It was a joyous event. Tanu, Sourabh and their friends did a funny lazy dance first and bhangra in the end. Ravi was really surprised at his friends. Actually, Sourabh didn't want to do the funny dance. He only wanted to do bhangra but somehow Tanu convinced him to do so. They won the dance battle between the bride and groom's side.

During the event Sameer noticed that Sourabh was missing. He was suspicious of him so was observing his every moment. He saw Tanu smiling and laughing profusely with her friends. He got tense for his sister, actually his bestfriend Kabir's sister. Friend's sister is his sister!

He knew that Tanu has a crush on the guy Sourabh as he had never seen her interested in any other guy till now. He too seemed to posses the same feelings for her. He thought he was a good guy so didn't say anything. But his recent activities made him suspicious of him. Being in industries, he has a keen eye for reading someone.

Something is not right. He need to find it before Tanu got to know. If he found him with her again, he would not leave him. He has to answer him. He has no right to play with his sister's feelings!

Fuming, he went to find him red handed. He saw him coming out from the washroom. He looked around to find the girl but to his dismay he couldn't find any.

"Where were you?", He asked him raising his eyebrow.

"What do you think it's written over here? And why do we come here?", Sourabh scoffed, showing him the 'Restroom' written on it. He rolled his eyes in frustration. Never mind, I'll catch him red handed sometime.

He left after that. Sourabh looked at his leaving figure, furrowing his eyebrows.

.
.
.
.
.
.
A/N

Dear readers, Thanks for reading ❤️
Do vote and comment, if you like it. Don't be a silent reader.

Your votes and comments encourage me to write more❤

~the_fictioneer