Chapter 23

Author's POV

Ritika was still asleep when Tanu entered her room. Tanu let out a sigh as she looked at her sleeping figure. She didn't want Ritika to tease her early in the morning.

She shrugged off her worries and decided to sleep for a 'few minutes' as it was still early.

She woke up at breakfast time and went to join her friends with Ritika at a poolside area. As they reached the venue, they saw girls drooling over men in the pool and vice versa. Tanu looked at the people swooning over the bodies of the people in the pool, shook her head and looked for her friends.

Meanwhile, Ritika's eyes caught someone's attention. She saw a man with an eagle tattoo on his neck in the swimming pool. He was the center of attraction for many girls and even boys, considering his attractive physique. She felt a twing of envy as she watched people look at him with hungry gazes. However, she was curious and determined to catch a glimpse of his face.

Tanu looked at the curious Ritika and glanced over at the pool. Had she lost it too? She shook her head and walked over to join her friends. She saw Jay and Meenakshi enjoying their time together. Awww

"Good morning!", She said, excitedly.

"Good morning, Jhola shaap doctor (Quack)", Jay said making Tanu roll her eyes. They all laughed, and she grabbed a sandwich to eat.

"Someone is looking so happy today", Meenakshi teased her.

"How was the... night?", Meenakshi asked her, giving her teasing smile.

"It was... good?!" Tanu said in confusion, not understanding what they were talking about. Well, she had spent a great night with Sourabh. No, no, you crazy people! They just had a great time talking and listening to music together.

"Where's Sourabh? We haven't seen him today," Jay asked. Tanu just shrugged her shoulders, not knowing where he was.

"What's wrong?" she asked innocently, noticing their teasing faces.

"There's something going on between you and Sourabh, right? Tell us Pleaseeee... We won't tell anyone," Meenakshi said, pointing at Jay and herself. Tanu's face flushed.

"No, nothing is going on. We're just friends" for now.

Meenakshi raised her eyebrow and looked at her.

"Just friends? I saw lipstick marks on Sourabh's shirt when you both came back this morning," she said, narrowing her eyes. "There's no way 'just friends' would have that..... Ah, Don't lie, I saw both of you coming back from outside together early in the morning with glowing faces"

"Did you guys... spend the night together?"

Tanu's jaw dropped in shock.

Lipstick mark? She mentally slapped her forehead as she remembered she had slept on Sourabh's shoulder for the whole night. That must be where it came from.

"No, it's not-"

Before she could speak further, she heard a voice.

"What?!" They all looked up to see a stunned Ritika. Tanu slapped her forehead, and Jay rubbed his temple with his index finger. The Chatterbox has arrived!

"Wait, wait... You are talking about Tanu, right?.... Tanu?"

"And Sourabh", Meenakshi said. Ritika gazed Tanu with look of disbelief.

"Am I hearing right?", she looked at Meenakshi to which she nodded.

"OMG!!! Did you guys really?" Ritika got excited instantly. She gasped as it clicked in her mind. "That's why I felt your side of the bed empty for the whole freaking night. Only in the morning, you were there. Finally, you both are together. But when? How? Tell me the details. Pleaseee."

"Yes, pleasee. Only we are here. We won't tell anyone. Promise" Meenakshi chimed in. Ritika nodded like a child. Tanu closed her eyes.

Sameer, who was coming towards them wearing a bathrobe, heard them. He frowned.

Early this morning, Kabir called him specifically to ask him to take care of his sister. When he saw his sister dancing intimately with a man on Ritika's social media story, which was posted with red hearts, he didn't take a moment to call his friend. Furious, he inquired about every detail of that man from the sleepy Sameer, as it was quarter past four in the morning. He also told him not to interfere in her matter unless something unusual happens. She is still a little girl, who doesn't know much about the world yet.

Sameer, who was already in a bad mood, hearing them made him even more mad. How dare that bastard touch his sister?

He ran his fingers through his wet hair. He glanced at Tanu before leaving.

"Guys, Listen-"

"But... Aren't you guys going so fast? I mean from just -", Meenakshi and Ritika discussed, not listening to Tanu.

"LISTEN TO ME FIRST!", Tanu yelled. Both the girls looked at her. Meenakshi's eyes became teary. Pregnancy had made her more sensitive than usual. Frustrated, Tanu slapped her forehead while Jay, who was sitting silently, coaxed her.

After a while, she told them everything in 'detail'.

"Ohh"

They said in unison. They were a little disappointed, but happy for their friends' new beginnings. However, Tanu's mind was still wandering around the SMS and Sourabh, as she hadn't seen him for the whole time.

The sound of a notification on her phone broke the chain of her thoughts. It was a message from Pooravi.

"No need to go to Pune tomorrow. A person from the research center is coming near your location today for some work. We already talked to them, and they agreed to bring that chemical through him. Contact him at 97xxxxxxxx."

She replied with "okay" and contacted him.