Chapter 24

"Bhari mehfil mei hum hai muskuraye,
Vaha roye jaha koi dekhta nahi"

(In a big gathering, we are smiling,
We cry where no one can see us)
******
Author's POV

Tanu contacted the person who was delivering the chemicals they needed for their research. There was still plenty of time before the wedding, as the wedding mahurat was in the evening. She would be back well before then.

She informed Ritika before going out.

"Are you going alone?" Ritika asked, worried. Tanu nodded with a "hmm."

"You're not familiar with this place. I'm going with you."

"Are you familiar?"

"No. But if something happened to you or you went missing, Tumhari family kachha chaba jayegi mujhe (your family would eat me alive). Don't even mention your brother. He'd be the last person I'd want to make angry. At least your father is less scary," Ritika said. Tanu laughed at her expression.

"Haha... Come on, he's not that scary. It's a wedding celebration, so you should enjoy it. And I'm not a child. I'm an adult, in case you forgot. So I can go alone," Tanu said. Ritika rolled her eyes.

"It's better to go with you and eat late than be eaten raw by your family"

Hearing her, Tanu couldn't stop laughing, and Ritika sighed dramatically.

"Okay then, take Sourabh," Ritika winked. Tanu sighed.

"I haven't seen him since morning. He hasn't even been seen with Ravi. I don't know where he is."

Ritika replied with an "oh."

"Keep an eye on him. Kahi Goa mein koi gori to nahi utha le gyi use jo vo subha se gayb hai (Maybe some foreign girl in Goa has taken him away since he's been missing since morning)," Ritika joked, to which Tanu rolled her eyes.

"He's been living in England for years. No one took him from there, and someone will take him here in two days," Tanu said. But there is no guarantee of time. Who knows when, and what will happen? I don't even know about his past relationships. Whether he had any or not? She shook her head.

"Good point. He's a good guy. We've known him since childhood. And if something happens, do you think he can be saved from me?" Ritika said, showing her 'biceps' and making Tanu chuckle.

"Go with Sameer then. He must be wandering around freely and waiting for the wedding meal to be served," Ritika said. They laughed.

"Don't worry, I can go alone," Ritika glared at her. As Tanu opened her mouth to say something, they heard his voice.

"Hey girls!"

"Speak of the devil and here he comes", Ritika rolled her eyes and commented. Sameer raised an eyebrow and looked at her.

"Don't get started here," Tanu interjected. Ritika 'ordered' Sameer to go with Tanu and he agreed instantly. Tanu excused herself to get her bag.

"Mr. Sameer Khanna, I want to have a serious talk with you when you come back," Ritika said, crossing her arms in front of her chest with a raised eyebrow. Sameer took a step towards her, imitating her expression. A smile played on his lips.

"Miss Ritika, I will try to come back as early as possible. Don't miss me too much," Sameer winked at her. Ritika glared at him.

"Sammy, let's go-" Tanu came wearing her side bag. She paused as she looked at them. Both of them were looking at each other with a mischievous look in their eyes.