Chapter 10

She entered the room to meet the person/singer only to be shocked to see the person in front of her.

"Preeti!!"

Preeti was shocked too.

"...Tanu", Preeti said nervously. Tanu looked at her brother who looked anywhere but her. She let out a sigh.

"Preeti, Are you free now?", she asked. Preeti nodded.

"Let's go somewhere and talk", she said. Her brother was about to interrupt her.

"No, Veere (brother)!" her brother stopped knowing when she is serious she calls him veera. "Don't stop me now, I want answers and you know that!". Kabir looked at her and nodded slowly.

"Tanu, please come back here after talking to her", Kabir said. She nodded and went out with Preeti.

"How are you?", Tanu asked her after coming in a beautiful park covered with beautiful flowers and trees.

"I am good"

"Where were you all this time?"

Tears started brimming from Preeti's eyes. She stayed silent.

"Tell me, where were you and what happened that day that you left us for insulting. I know you are not that type of girl. Something must had happened that you never appeared in the altar. What happened that day?", Tanu questioned her. Preeti broke down and fall on her knees.

"Sor...(sobs)..sorry (sobs) I am so Sorry Tanu", Preeti said, sobbing. Tanu consoled her. After sometime, Preeti spoke,

"Do you believe me?"

"Yes, I believe you. You are my childhood friend I know you more than you" Tanu holds her hands and assured her. "Did your father do something that day?" She nodded and lowered her head.

"I knew it. He will never change. Dad was right. A person who can betray his brother like friend for money can never be of his own family" Tanu said, getting angry at that betrayer. Preeti hugged Tanu crying. She hugged her back.

"I thought no one would ever believe me. After what I did with you all. I left humiliating you all. Aunty uncle did so much for us, what we gave in return, Disgrace! And Kabir, He changed a lot because of me. I left him at the mandap (altar) He hates me now. I am sure Aunty uncle didn't want to see me either. After all, they trusted a betrayer's daughter. I broke their trust" she said sadly, lowering her head. Tanu understood her situation and tried to console her.

"Pitu"

Preeti looked at her with mixed emotions. She heard her nick name from her best friend after a long time. Tanu smiled at her at which she too broke into a smile.

"Pitu, Don't worry everything will be fine. About mom dad, they are just angry at you that you didn't came to them if something happened but you chose to run away. You know, we waited for you that you, Kirti and aunty will come but you didn't" Tanu paused. Preeti lowered her head in guilty.

"I thought you-" She started speaking only to cut by Tanu.

"We trusted you when your father betrayed my dad and the company. Why don't we trust you when we know what your father can do"

"And Kabir. He hate me. Because of me He was insulted, Aunty uncle and you too. I can never bring the respect back" Preeti said sadly. Tanu slowly nodded and let out a sigh.

"When you didn't appear all the guests started badmouthing you and insulting us especially veera" She said remembering the worst day of her life. A tear dropped from her eye. She closed her eyes.

"Veera became short-tempered, started coming home late. He became workaholic. Somehow Dad handled him and he got back into himself. He can never hate you. He is just angry like mom dad is at you". Preeti didn't said anything. After a silence of few minutes Tanu spoke.

"Are you working with bro?" She asked getting back to herself. Preeti nodded.

"How you two met...I mean from when you are working with him?"

"From past half month. I got an offer for play back singing in a movie. When I reached there I was shocked to see him in front of me. Then I got to know the offer was from his company. It was anger in his eyes instead of love. He didn't like me near him anymore. I needed money so I accepted the offer", Preeti completed. Tanu shook her head knowing it was her brother's doing as he was finding her from months. She has to do something now.

"Do you still love him?" Tanu said in teasing tone to change the atmosphere. She blushed in response and nodded.

"Yes, I always loved him. I thought of confessing my love on wedding night but it never happened just because of me..."

"Stop blaming yourself. Let bygones be bygones. Start a fresh" Tanu said lovingly like an elder sister. She nodded. After spending sometime time they left to their respective destinations. As Tanu was driving she remembered that today she had to meet her old friends. So she called her brother.

"Hello bro!", She said as he picked up the call.

"Baby sister when are you coming? You took much time" Kabir said impatiently from other side of the phone.

"Bro! Don't.call.me.baby.sister. And you know...." She trailed of giving him a warning.

"You!! I hate you!" He said showing his fake anger on his litle devil sister. "When did you stop blackmailing me?"

"NEVER!" She said teasing him. She imagine him rolling his eyes and huffed out. "And I am not coming", she said showing him her tongue as if he was seeing it.

"What!! Tanu don't make me angry....Please come I need to talk to you"

"What!!!! Am i hearing right? YOU ARE SAYING ME PLEASE! OMGGGG!!", she squealed. He slapped his forehead.

"Crazy girl"

"Like brother like sister" she exclaimed nonchalantly. "Hahahaha you want to hit your head on a wall now, right. I know! Hit bro! Hit! huhooo!"

"Are you coming or not?" He said giving her a warning as if she was afraid of his warnings. She rolled her eyes.

"Okay bro, serious now. I have to meet my school friends so i will not come. Don't worry I will not tell mom dad about meeting Preeti today" she said. He sighs at other end. "But I have a condition"

"I know. Done!" He said immediately, already knowing her condition.

"Reallyyy!" She squealed.

"Yes and bye. I have a lot of work to do unlike you. You wasted my time"

With that he cut the call.Tanu rolled her eyes and shook her head.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A/N

Hello, lovely readers. How are you all?
How's the chapter?

What do you think about Preeti?

I will try to update as soon as possible. Thanks for waiting <3 <3.

Thanks.
~the_fictioneer