Chapter 11

Wilbur woke up with a jolt when he realised that it was Saturday.

Today was the day.

He felt nauseous at the thought of having to tell Techno what had happened to him. He had always been close with Techno, but more in a jokey way; they had never had serious conversations, or confided in each other about their problems. He didn't know how he was going to find it within himself to do this, but he knew he had to or Jack would tell someone else.

• • •

'Wil! Techno's arrived!' Wilbur heard Tommy calling from downstairs. He felt sick with nerves. He shakily stood up and headed downstairs, greeting Techno and avoiding eye contact with his father at all costs. Techno grabbed a beer and three of them sat down on the sofa, whilst Tommy headed up to his room. Wilbur sat in silence while Techno talked to their father about his university course; he was studying English and of course, was getting perfect grades.

'Right, I'm gonna head out to the pub.' Their father announced. 'Techno, do you want to come?'

Techno shook his head. 'Nah, I think I'll stay here. See you later, Dad.'

Their father nodded and he swiftly stood up. 'I'll be back soon.' He said, glaring at Wilbur. He then grabbed his coat and left.

This was his moment.

'T-techno?'

'Yeah Wil? Are you okay? You've been a bit fidgety.'

'I'm fine, c-can I talk to you?'

'Of course. Here? Or do you wanna go upstairs.'

'Uh, u-upstairs is good.' Wilbur was nervous that Tommy would be able to hear them if they had this conversation in such close proximity to his bedroom.

Techno nodded and the two of them headed up to Wilbur's loft room, Wilbur's heart pounding in trepidation.

Techno wasn't going to believe him. He was going to make a fool of himself.

'Wilbur, you look like you're about to throw up. Are you okay?'

'Y-yeah, I just wanted... I, uh, I w-wanted to talk to you... about... about university options?'

'No you didn't. Come on, Wil, you look like you've seen a ghost, you're not wanting to talk to me about uni. You can tell me anything, you know that?'

Wilbur nodded, swallowing hard. His hands were shaking.

'Is someone giving you trouble at school?'

'S-sometimes, but... t-that's not it, I... I can't...' Wilbur leaned over and promptly threw up the contents of his stomach into the bin beside his bed. Techno looked shocked.

'Wil, I... this is really serious, isn't it?'

Wilbur nodded, tears now streaming down his face. 'D-dad, he, uh... he...' Wilbur broke down. 'Please don't h-hate me, I c-can't... I t-try to stop him, but... he makes me...'

Techno's face dropped. 'He makes you do what Wilbur?'

'He told m-me it was n-normal, b-but it's not, and I d-don't know what to do, and...'

'Wilbur, what is Dad doing to you?'

'Raping me. He's been raping me, Techno.'

Techno let out an audible gasp. His face paled and he sat there, frozen in shock, staring at his shaking brother. 'Wilbur... why... why didn't you tell me?'

'I thought it was n-normal! He told me everyone would hate me if I told anyone.'

'How long has this been happening?'

'A year.'

Techno looked away, trying to blink away the tears forming in his eyes, and failing miserably.

'Are you hurt? Do you need me to take you to the hospital, or... or clean anything?'

Wilbur shook his head. 'I don't know what to do, Techno.'

'We need to get you and Tommy out of here. Does Tommy know? Has he... has he hurt him, too?'

'No.'

'Okay. Shit. Uh, do you remember Dad's brother?'

Wilbur furrowed his brow. 'We have an uncle?'

'Yeah, you met him a couple of times when you were younger. They don't talk anymore, though. You guys could go and stay with him?'

'No! He's Dad's brother, he'll just send us back. He'll kill me if he knows I told anyone. He'll kill me.'

'Wil, I'm not gonna let that happen. He's a good guy – his name's Phil, he has a wife, they're both really sweet. He doesn't speak to Dad, but I got in touch with him a couple of years ago. He's helping me with my university fees. I promise he won't hurt you.'

Wilbur nodded, queasy with fear. 'Techno, we need to get out or he'll do it again, it happens every-'

Wilbur jumped violently at the sound of the opening door. It was their father; he had returned earlier than expected. His thundery expression softened when he saw Techno.

'Pub was closed.' He explained gruffly. 'Techno, do you mind if I talk to Wilbur for a minute? Just some school stuff.'

Shaking in terror, Wilbur glanced over at Techno who had his hands balled into fists. 'Get out, Dad.' His voice was low, trembling with anger.

'Techno, I really need to talk to him about his grades, you can finish with him tomorrow-'

'You're a fucking disgusting excuse for a human, you know that?' Techno spat. 'Get out, and never lay a finger on Wilbur again or I swear to god I will fucking kill you.'

'What did you tell him?' Their father was glaring at Wilbur again. 'What the fuck did you tell him, you little shit?'

'D-dad, I-'

'Get the fuck away from him.' Techno had stood up from the bed now, fists still formed.

'You want to fucking fight, big man?' Their father spat, 'You want to take a moral high ground? I've been doing this for a year, and you didn't notice – clearly, you don't give a fuck about him. Don't suddenly start acting like some fucking saint.'

With that, Techno lunged at his father, slamming his fist into his face. Their father grunted in pain, before turning around and landing a blow on the side of Techno's head. He then grabbed Techno by his throat, slamming him against the wall in a choke hold. Techno weakly tried to ply his father's hands off his throat, failing. He gasped for air, his face beginning to turn purple.

'Dad, stop!' Wilbur sobbed, adrenaline and terror pumping through his veins. 'Dad, h-he can't b-breathe! Stop! Stop it!'

Satisfied, Wilbur's father slammed the back of Techno's head against the wall and he crumpled to the ground. Wilbur's father kicked the limp body of his eldest son to check he was fully unconscious; he was. He turned to Wilbur, his face painted a horrifying shade of rage. He grabbed Wilbur, turning his head towards Techno.

'You see what you made me do?' He hissed. 'This is all your fucking fault.' He shoved Wilbur down on the bed.

Throughout the whole assault, all Wilbur could think about was Techno. The fact that he was unconscious mere metres away whilst Wilbur was being brutally raped by their father. The fact that Techno was injured; He had been knocked out. What if he didn't wake up?

His father was right.

It was all Wilbur's fault.

A/N: Ughghgh this was a rough one, but I hope you're all doing well. 

Remember to vote!