Chapter 32

Wilbur sat in silence for the entirety of the car ride back to their father's house. He hadn't slept last night, tormented by nightmares of what was to come the next day. Techno was gripping the steering wheel so tightly that his knuckles were white, and his face was pale with anxiety. Tommy was fidgeting uncontrollably, nibbling on the inside of his cheek until he tasted blood. As they drew closer to the house, Techno cleared his throat. 'Both of you. We're all sleeping up in Wil's room, I've bought sleeping bags for Tommy and I.'

Wilbur and Tommy nodded glumly.

'Don't go off alone, if you wake up in the night or anything then you let me know, okay? I'll walk you both to school, and I'll organise one of your teachers to keep an eye on you both until I can pick you up again. Don't leave the gates without me, no matter what.'

They nodded again.

'He can't do anything if we stick together, okay? You're both going to be fine.'

• • •

The first thing their father did when they stepped out of the car was pull Wilbur into a tight hug. Wilbur tried to push away and eventually felt Techno's hand wrap around his arm, pulling him out of his father's grip. He was already shaking in terror, trying to hold back tears.

'Don't touch him.' Techno hissed. He grabbed the suitcases out of the boot of the car and hurried Wilbur and Tommy inside, ensuring to keep himself between them and their father at all times.

'I've missed you all.' Their father said in an almost joking tone that made Wilbur flinch.

Nobody responded, and Techno nudged his two younger brothers towards the stairs. They both shakily ascended, eventually reaching the top room. Wilbur tried to just think of it as his room rather than the room in which he got repeatedly assaulted, but he found himself clinging onto Techno's arm.

'I know.' Techno whispered. 'It's gonna be okay.'

Wilbur began to scratch at his arm, reopening wounds he had created the preceding night, sighing in relief at the distraction that the pain offered. He eyed his old bed up nervously.

'I can't.' He whispered to his older brother.

'You can sleep in a sleeping bag if you want.' Techno offered, and Wilbur nodded.

'Toms, do you want the bed?' Techno asked softly and Tommy accepted the offer.

Techno spent the next hour attempting to fit a lock to the door, and failing miserably. Eventually, he accepted defeat and sat on the corner of the bed.

'I'm sorry guys.' He murmured. 'Let's go get something to eat.'

The three of them made their way down to the kitchen and Techno rummaged through the fridge until he found enough to make three ham sandwiches, which he passed around. Wilbur eagerly gobbled his down, but Techno noticed that Tommy only nibbled one of the corners of his sandwich before offering the rest of it to Wilbur.

'Toms, Phil told me you were struggling. But you have to eat, okay? Why don't you try just having half?'

Tommy looked at the sandwich and then back to Techno. 'I can't.' He mumbled.

'You can.' Techno encouraged.

'Look, why don't you just have the ham if you can't manage the bread?' Wilbur suggested.

Tommy thought for a moment before pulling a small chunk of the ham out of the sandwich and hesitantly placing it in his mouth, chewing extensively before he swallowed it. He then hurriedly threw the rest of the sandwich in the bin before either of his brothers could protest. He saw Techno and Wilbur looking at each other with worried expressions.

'Tommy, we need to talk about this.' Techno broke the silence.

'Not now.'

'Yes now. We don't want to judge, we just want to help. Please talk to us.'

Tommy stared at the floor, trying to think of a way to get out of this situation. His prayers were answered when he heard footsteps and their father entered the kitchen.

'Having dinner without me?' He asked with mock cheerfulness. None of them replied, so their father continued. 'Won't even speak to me? Sit.'

He pulled out a chair and indicated to the table. Techno hesitated, but Wilbur shakily pulled out a chair for himself and sat opposite their father, so his two brothers followed suit.

'You're looking healthy, Wilbur.'

No response.

'I heard about what happened to you. Tony, right?'

Wilbur stiffened up, feeling bile rise to his throat.

'Shame I wasn't there, it would have been much more fun-'

'Enough.' Techno slammed his hands on the table, standing up. 'Don't you fucking dare talk to him.'

'What's the problem?' Their father stood up, facing Techno. 'I was just thinking about how nice it would have been to get some action as well-'

Techno threw the first punch, hitting the side of their father's head. For a moment, everyone stayed frozen as he clutched his jaw, groaning, before another fist flew and this time it was Techno who was on the receiving end. The situation devolved quickly, and their father was far bigger and stronger than Techno. Wilbur sat there, frozen, wanting desperately to help in some way – but he was unable to move. His ears were ringing, but he thought he could hear screaming – it was Tommy. Wilbur began to feel lightheaded and his stomach tightened with dread when he realised he was about to pass out.

Darkness.

A/N: Hope you're all doing well.

Remember to vote or... idk i can't think of anything, so use ur imagination xoxo