How we met

Edrics pov

Since amity started dating Luz, and Em started taking extra classes if been lonely, I just wanted someone to hang out with. Is that to much to ask?

Today I was feeling extra lonely so I decided to take a walk I the woods. That's when I saw him for the first time (Without the mask that is) The Golden Guard. Hunched over next to a tree mask and cloak laying near to his feet. He sniffed and looked up at me, eyes red from crying.

Hunters pov

I don't know why Belos hated me so much, maybe it was because I didn't have powers, or because I reminded him of his brother. Either way, today was the fourth time this week he threatened to replace me and I couldn't stand it anymore.

Running into the woods was my only good option at this point. I didn't know where I was going, or if I should ever go back, but I did know one thing for sure.

There was a blight staring at me from the bushes.

"Hello?" I asked wiping my tears away and trying to look tough.

"Hey, I'm Edric." Edric said smiling, "you're the Golden guard right?"

"I'm Hunter." I said looking away, "what do you want?"

Edric froze, like he wasn't expecting the question.

"It's nothing. What are you doing out hear alone?"

"Nothing. Go away." I said furrowing my brow. "I don't want you hear." Edric sighed and let his face fall.

"I'm sorry for bothering you Hunter..." He said turning to walk away.

"Wait-" I said panicking. I didn't want him to leave. It was nice having someone to talk to for once.

Edrics pov

I sat down next to him, glad someone finally wanted me around but the scilence was ackword to say the least.

"So, Hunter..." I said, trying to break the silence, "I like your name.."

"Thanks." He said. Was that the hint of a smile? "I picked it out myself."

"You have good taste." I smiled he looked away and I couldn't help but notice that his ears were a blush red. It brought out the scar on his cheek. I wonder how he got it...
Hunter looked back at me mouth slightly open revealing the cute gap in his teeth.

Suddenly my face get warm. I was blushing. Hunter had no right to be this cute. He was looking at me funny now, cocking his head to the side, big reddish eyes sparkling. He really was smiling now and oh Titan was it beautiful.

"I-" I said panicking but no words would come out.

"Your face is all red..." Hunter said, "it's adorable-" catching himself he slapped his gloved had over his mouth.

"Sorry..." He squeaked. Face turning red.

"I gotta go..." He said standing up suddenly. Then, in one movement snached his cloak off the ground, put it on, and strided in the direction of the castle.

"You forgot your-" I started but they had already disappeared. With a sigh I picked up the mask and walked back to blight manor in the growing dusk.

Hunters pov

Guess I was going back to the castle then. I thought to my self on my way home. Titan I had been so stupid. Letting my guard down like that, and for a complete stranger. What was wrong with me?

Maybe it was the mole on cheek or his silky green hair, or the way his eyes seemed to sparkle when he smiled....

That night I laid awake wondering if I would ever see him again, and what I would say if we did...