Snatched away

Hunters pov

Thank goodness belos didn't catch me sneak in. And the following morning at the daily briefing he dident mention anything.

It was almost too good to be true...

Later i strolled out on patrol through the town doing my daily duties. Then i saw Edric. I rushed over to apologize for ending things so quickly last night.

"Hey Ed!" I waved.

"Heyy Goldie." Ed smiled, walking up to me.

"Aww hey Eds boyfriend!" Em grinned nudging Ed. Ed blushed and and shoved her away. "Well imma give you some space..." Emeria said strolling off.

"What's happening?" I asked Ed as soon as she disappeared. "Why does Em keep calling us-" I blushed.

"Boyfriends yha." Ed said, running his fingers through his hair, "and i know, its not accurate... Unless..." Ed cleared his throat.

"Aww Ed." I grinned, "Of course i want to be your boyfriend!"

"Thank titan" Ed smiled, "i thought since you were in the emperors coven you would want to date somone in a higher rank then me."

"Nonsense handsome." I smiled, ruffling his fluffy green hair, "your the only person i want be with." Edric smiled, wrapping his arm around me and pulled me into a kiss.

Butterflies exploded in my stomach. I had kissed him before, but not like this. His soft lips pressed aginst mine, mouth slightly open...

This kiss was passionate. And i never wanted it to end.

Edric pulled away and took a breath. I grinned ear to ear. Finally someone who really loved me.

Ed suddenly stopped smiling, and looked around, confused.

I frowned, what was happening?

Edrics pov

A pebble hit my neck. Hard. Did Em throw it? No. She wasn't that insensitive.

"One sec goldie." I said giving him one more quick kiss on the cheek.

Hunter looked at me. A slightly concerned look growing on his adorable face.

I slipped around the corner to investigate.

"Can i help you?" I asked, almost crashing into a coven guard.

"Sorry buddy." Steve replied tossing a sack over my head, "im just doing my job."

I let out a muffled cry, "Help!" I couldn't believe this. I hadn't done anything wrong! On what grounds was he even arresting me?

"Oh no you don't." Steve ordered.

WHACK

I felt a blunt object hit my head and i was knocked out cold.

Hunters pov

Barly a minute after Edric walked off i heard a muffled cry, and then the thunk of somone being knocked out.

"EDRIC!!" I shouted, dashing around the corner.

Nothing. The street was basically empty. The only sign of an abduction was a patch of dirt that had been scuffed up.

"Edric!" I shouted agin. The fear in my throat rising, "EDRIC!!"

Em came running, "i heard you yell, what happened? Is Ed ok?" She paused, "where Ed? WHAT DID YOU DO TO ED!"

I collaped onto my knees. Face pale. "I dont know! He wanderd off for a second and then he screamed, then the sound-" i choked, tears started streaming down my face, "then he was gone..."

Em pulled me up, "come on, lets go find him!"

I shook my head, "The emperor's guards took him. I know it. Ill go, but you stay hear, i cant risk getting you kidnapped too."

"Ed is my brother!" Em scowled. "Im not just gonna sit hear!"

"Fine." I said, standing up and wiping away my tears, "if Ed isent home in three days then you can come as backup."

Em crossed her arms and glared into my soul, "Ok." She said, voice cracking slighlty. I pulled her onto a hug.

"Ill find him i promise." I said pulling away. Em nodded wiping her eyes.

"Go.." she sniffed, turning  away from me. "Hurry."

I nodded and called for Rascle. The red bird flew up, turning into a staff in my hands.

I took off and flew for a while but my eyes got to blurred with tears so i had to stop. Damn i cant fly like this. I whimperd to myself landing on a random rooftop.

"Crying wont get me anywhere!" I snapped, slapping my face with my hand.

Ow

"Slapping yourself wont get you anywhere either Hoot Hoot!!" And anoyingly high voice squealed.

"Who are you?" I grumbled.

"Im Hooty, the owl house!" It sang, "and i have lots of friends! Eda, lulu, Luz, that spider i ate..."

"Wait Luz? Is Luz hear? Can you go get her?"

"LUZ, THE BAD BUT SAD BOI IS HEAR!!" Hooty screeched. What did it just call me?

A door slammed.

"Hunter what are you doing on the roof?" Luz asked. I shimmied down the side and went up to them.

"Sorry, i was on my way to rescue Ed from belos but i was crying so-"

"Hold up sad boi." Lus said shaking her head, "Rescue Ed? Crying? Come inside man, you have alot of explaining to do."