Hunter x therapy

Hunters pov

Over the next few days not much happened. I rested at the owl house while everyone was off doing stuff. Edric had to go back to school but he visited me every day. Eda and King usually went off and did whatever so i was usually alone with hooty.

"Hooty im board." I sighed, tossing the book i had been reading across the room.

"Wanna tickle fight?" Hooty asked, worming through the open window.

"Ew fuck no." I winced, "why would you even suggest that?"

"Whatever, i have spanish lessons with Duo in a few minutes anyway. Hoot." Hooty left. i sighed. It was getting to be unbearable to sit around the house with only my thoughts to occupy me.

the mental and physical sting of Belos and his abominations sill occasionally haunted me. I remembered my lowest points, and how i wanted to die. How i almost buried myself alive.

I didn't deserve Ed. What had i ever done that made fate go "yeah, lets give this man an incredible boyfriend and a new family!"

Fuck. I was safe from belos. But i still felt like shit. Was i being ungrateful?

"Hey kid, what are you doing?" Eda asked, peeking her head unto my new room.

"Mental breakdown?" I replied,  trying to smile.

"Oof kid, been there. But i know someone who can help."

"Wha?" I asked as Eda pulled me to my feet.

"Mental heath is important kid, and its my responsibility as your new guardian that its in tip top condition."

"My mental health is fine!" I said, pulling away.

"You were just curled up in a corner crying. You are not fine." Eda replied matter a factly.

Eda dragged me out the door and before i knew it i was talking to a therapist.

We talked about my feelings for hours, something I had never really done, and getting that shit of my chest at last felt good.

Then miss pike talked to me about what I was feeling and helped me untangle my emotions from the ball they had been knotted in all my life.

*  * *

"And with that we can conclude our session." Miss pike said with a smile, "how are you feeling?"

"I- better?" Replied sheepishly. We had been working on self-esteem and stuff for the past few hours and i felt surprisingly better. "Thanks." I said, shaking her hand. And leaving the building.

"See you next week!"

After leaving i went to wait for Ed outside Hexide.

"Hey Hunter." Ed said, tapping my shoulder.

"Hey, handsome. How was your day?" I smiled pulling him into a hug, and kissing him on the forehead.

"Wow you seem more lovey today." Edric commented, stroking my hair.

"Im just feeling better." I grinned, "you still didn't answer my question through."

"My day was mediocre." Ed sighed, "it would have been better if you were in school with me though."

I grinned, "that's actually a good idea!  Ill run the idea though Eda and maybe she'll enroll me."

"Then we can be together all the time!" Ed grinned, pulling me into a kiss. I kissed him back excitedly, sliding my tongue into his mouth. Ed sighed, letting me in and melting further into my embrace.

I could be a normal kid, in a normal school. I thought to myself. I could do this all the time. I relished in the thought of kissing Ed in-between classes, passing notes and pulling dumb shit in the hallways.

"Ehem." Came a voice. I pulled away from Ed in surprise. It was Emeria, "damn, haven seen you in a while, still got it for my bro hu?"

I blushed, "yha, i kind of do.." Ed turned pink, looking away quickly.

"Em!" Ed whined, "why are you like this?"  I laughed, putting my arm back around his shoulder.

"Your adorable." I grinned. Ed smiled and turned redder.

Em smiled, "well im glad your happy together, and Hunter. Thanks for getting Ed home safe. I was worried sick."

"Thank Eda not me." I shrugged, "and hooty while your at it."

Em shrugged, "whatever  you say Hunter."

"Ok goldie, wanna get out of hear?" Ed asked, "we can go get iced scream."

"Sure thing cutie." I replied, taking his hand, "just lead the way."

______________________________________

Sorry this one was a bit shorter then usual, its late and im sick. Hope you enjoyed :]
                             -Roi

Edit- touched up the chapter a bit, fixed mistakes and added stuff.