The date pt 2

Edrics pov

After eating we decided to fly to the giants knee to stargaze.

The sun had barely started to set when we arrived.

"Well..." Hunter said, sitting down next to me, "we got a little time to kill before the stars come out."

"Yup." I sighed, grabbing his hand. Hunter squeezed my hand as he looked out onto the setting sun, his hair blowing softly in the breeze, i looked over his slightly rounded jawline, his dirty blond hair and the one strand of it that hung out over his eyes.

I reached out my other hand to brush it out of his face.

"How bold..." Hunter teased as i brushed it behind his ear.

"You want bold?" I grinned, leaning in and kissing his neck. Hunter recoiled in surprise.

"Im sorry," i grimaced, "did you not want me-"

"I yes! i mean no!" Hunter said blushing, i do want you to- you just surprise me and-" he sighed, putting his hands over his red face.

"Sooo..." i smiled, uncovering his face.

"Just kiss me dammit." He laughed, "im sorry im a mess."

"But your my mess." I grinned, kissing him on the cheek.

Hunters pov

Edric took me by surprise and now i was a blushing mess. I sighed, why was i like this? Everything Edric did made my heart jump.

I leaned on his shoulder smiling. Whatever belos threw at me i would be able to handle as long as Edric was there for me.

"I love you Ed." I smiled at him. He blushed.

Ed pulled me in for a hug, "love you too goldie."

We sat in comfortable silence for a minute, watching the stars appear one by one on the horizon untill the sun was gone and the chill of the night set in.

...

"I found you golden guard!!" A shrill voice screeched.

I shot up, pulling Edric with me.

"Its Kiki!" I shout-whispered at Edric, who was looking around frantically.

"Where!?" He gasped stumbling around blindly in the dark.

"Above us!" I hissed, hearing the sound of leathery wings above us.

Grabbing Eds hand we sprinted down the mountain in the pitch black.

"Aghh!" Ed yelped as he tripped over a gnarly root. "I twisted my ankle, i cant walk!"

"Well im not leaving without you!" I panicked, scooping him up and putting him onto my back before continuing to rush down the knee.

"I know your down there Golden guard!" Kikimora screeched tauntingly, "Belos wont forgive you so easily this time!" Kiki swooped down on a finger dragon, snaching ed and tossing him into its mouth.

Suddenly the ground began to sink around me, sending me into a pit of nothing.

"Hunter."

"Hunter!"

"HUNTER."

I opened my eyes groggy. Edric was smiling down at me. In front of us was a small fire that cast edric in a yellow and orange glow.

"Hunter you fell asleep." He said smiling.

"Thank titan." I gasped doing everything i could to stop my hands from shaking.

"Are you ok goldie?" Ed asked me, "you look pale."

"I just had a nightmare.." i sighed, scooting closer to Ed for comfort.

"Aw wanna talk about it?"

"Well you.. Kiki..." i whimpered, but i couldn't finish when i remembered the grusesome crunch of Eds bones in the dream and started crying.

"Hunter..." Edric said softy, "Your ok... im here." He pulled me into a tight hug. I took a deep breath shaking. If it had been real... No, i wasent going to think about that. Edric was hear in my arms, safe.

"We should go back," i told Edric with a sigh, "if im not home soon Belos will make sure i never leave the castle again."

"Ok Goldie." Edric kissed my forehead and stood up, pulling me up with him.

I called Rascal and we climbed onto the staff. Edric waved his hand, putting the illusion out and we flew off.

"Will i see you tomorrow?" Ed asked after we landed at his house. I paused as he pushed the stray peice of hair out of my face again.

"Maybe..." i smiled, looking at his adorable face, "Stay safe Ed." I said pulling him in and giving him a short kiss on the lips.

The kiss was over all to soon and before i knew it i was back on my staff, flying away into the night.

I shivered in the cold air, hairs on my neck standing up. I looked around the sky nervously.

I was alone in the sky, but i couldn't get him help but feel like someone was watching me.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed this part though its not my best work :)

-207