good to see you again

Tw: abuse

Edrics pov

After school the next day i said a quick goodbye to Em and Amity before turning the other way to head back to the spot where i saw him last.

"Where do you thing your going?" Amity said. "mom wants us home to test her latest invention."

"Shit, that's today" i gasped, i reached up to my collar bone where a giant purple bruise still stung.

"It was brave of you to stand up to her." Em said putting her hand on my shoulder. "But for your safety keep your mouth shut this time." I looked up at her ernest expression and put on a smile.

"lets just get this over with."

Wow, mom really likes to hold grudges, I thought to myself after the session. I grimaced thinking about Odelias joyful expression as she commanded to abomination forward and let it beat me into the ground again and again. I just needed to make sure Em and amity were ok before heading out.

"You ok?" I asked peaking into Ems room. Inside amity was curled up onto her sisters lap whimpering. "Aw sis..." I sighed walking over and sitting next to them.

"Edric!" em whispers, "Shes asleep go away!"

"Oh ok im sorry." I said getting up, "Ill just be in my room if you need me." Em shooed out the door and it was all i could do to hold back my tears. why didn't she want me? why didn't anyone want me?
taking a deep breath i snuck out the back door and into the cool night air, backpack slung over my shoulder i sprinted back to the spot me and hunter had met, curled up and let myself cry.

"Hi?" A cautious voice came from the trees half about a half hour later.

"Hunter?" i asked quietly.

"Yeah, are you crying?" He replied walking out of the shadows.

"Yeah." I replied looking up at him. Hunter said nothing, he just sat down next to me and gave me a blanket. Just then i realized it was actually pretty chilly out and was thankful for his kindness. I looked over at him. He was trying to ignore me, face stern and cold but I knew he was faking

"Hear." I said offering him half the blanket."

"I- I cant.." Hunter said shying away.

"Its your blanket." I said making my voice slightly more commanding. Hunter obeyed wrapping it around himself but he didn't lean up against me, leaving a few inches of space between us. for some reason i was slightly disappointed that he hadn't put his arms around me, or leaned on my shoulder.

"Why are you hear?" I asked him. Hunter tensed up for a second.

"Why do you care?" His voice sounded weak, scared even.

"I don't know..." I said shivering, "I just-"

"Belos hit me because i ran off." Hunter said softy, "What about you?"

"My mom and her stupid inventions, she hurt my siblings too, they didn't even deserve it. I did though, i disobeyed her. And my sisters- they" My throat tightened. "They don't want me near them."

Hunter stayed silent for a minute before carefully leaning closer to me.

"Whatever you did doesn't warrant getting hit. That's what Raine says anyway."

"Do you want to run away?" I asked him, "I know i do, but i cant leave my siblings, no matter how much i think they hate me."

"yea," Hunter sighed, "Only all the time, but no matter where i go Belos can find me....Maybe someday though. Someday well both be free."

I looked at Hunter longingly, finally someone who i could talk to, I had only known him for a day but it felt like it had been a lifetime. I let out a breath and leaned up on his shoulder, he tensed up again at first but after a second he relaxed and leaned back on me. His dirty blonde hair brushed up against my face. It tickled, but the last thing i wanted was for it to go away.

soon i felt Hunters soft snores and even breath against my chest as he fell asleep.

That moment as we lied together on the grass i felt comfortable, happy even, and most of all that i never wanted to let Hunter go.