Retreaving the mask

Hunters pov

I was a chicken, a stupid chicken. I ran away without asking him to go out with me.

"Hunter!" Belos yelled.

"Coming!" I yelled, dashing into the throne room.

"Where have you been Hunter? And wheres your mask?"

"Im sorry sir, i lost it trying to capture Luz the human." I lied.

"Bested by a human?" Belos growled, "Your weaker then i thought! I dident even order you to go after them! What has gotten into you lately?"

"Im sorry lord Belos." I said bowing, "what are my orders?"

"Find your mask first, and then we'll talk."

"Yes sir." I said bowing again and walking out of the room.

Now to find my mask. Come to think of it i haven't seen it since i met edric in the woods. Maybe he had it.

Outside the throne room Rascal landed on my shoulder.

"Hey buddy," i smiled, "you wanna go find Edric?" The red bird tweeted and rubbed its face on my cheek. Awe i thought as i strolled out the castle doors, and into the cool evening air.

Rascal jumped up and turned into a staff in my hands.

Off i flew on my staff above the castle and over the town until i found the rich side of the neighborhood. I knew the blights were rich so i decided that my best chance of finding Edric was here.

Around i circled until i found a gate marked "Blight manor"

In order to avoid being seen i jumped off the staff and crept up their lawn. Now i just needed to find Ed.

"Hunter?" I voice asked. I spun around in suprise. It was Luz.

"Hey." I said flatly, "What are you doing hear?" I asked her.

"Visiting my girlfriend. What about you?"

"Looking for Edric. I said, do you know what window is his?"

"Ooh do you like him?" Luz teased.

"No!" I blushed, "What makes you think that?"

"Dude your blushing..." Luz grinned, "His room is the first one, second floor around the corner."

"Thanks." I said begrudgingly and trudging around the corner.

Then rascle flew me up to the window sill where i started knoking on the glass.

"Can i help you?" A green haired girl asked.

"Hey your not Edric!" I said frowning.

"Ohh hunter! Edrics secret boyfriend! HEY EDRIC YOUR BOYFR-"

I clamped a hand over her mouth, face and ears red as blood.

"Shut up we arent dating! Im hear because i think he has my mask!"

"Emeria what's happening?" Edric asked, walking into the room. He took one look at my face, and back at Emeria and froze.

"Em... how could you..."

"Bro im dating viney, he came to see you."Em reasured him. Edric looked relived but still on edge.

Just then another boy walked into the room.

"Ed what's taking so long?"

My face went pale. Was Edric dating someone? Of course he was, someone as handsome as him would be taken.

"I want my mask back." Told him shakily.

"Ok fine." Edric smiled. "Let me just go get it."

Edric and the other kid left the room shutting the door behind them.

"So..." i said quietly, "um,"

"Their relationship us completely platonic." Em grinned.

"No! That's not-" i blushed.

"Yes it was." Em smirked poking my arm. "Your super easy to read. No wonder you need to wear a mask." Em was right. But i was still relived to know Edric was available.

Edrics pov

"Im just kind of disappointed he wasn't hear to see me." I said to Jerbo on the way back to my room.

"Maybe the mask was an excuse?" Jerbo suggested.

"No..." i sighed grabbing the mask from off my bed, "its just-" i couldn't finish. I felt awful. He just wanted to take his stuff and leave.

"Well I'll go get more snacks." Jerbo said excusing himself.

"Here you go..." i said, tossing the mask to Hunter, being carful to not make eye contact.

"Imma head out." Em said, slipping put the door.

"Well, see ya." I sighed turning around.

"Wait-" Hunter said, stopping me in my tracks. "I was wondering if you would want to go out with me sometime."

I blushed looking back at him, "yes i would."

"Ok, ill pick you up hear, about this time in a few days." Hunter smiled, "my schedule is weird but ill try to come friday."

"Yes if course!" I blushed, "your welcome to stop by anytime."

"Awesome!" Hunter smiled.

"Oh and for future reference my window is the one next to this."

Hunter nodded, putting on his mask, "Well it was great to see you, byeee"
Hunter fell backward out the window catching himself on a staff and flying away one handed.

I grinned, show-off.