Night in the dungeon

Edrics pov

That night i laid awake for the second night in a row. I couldn't do anything and i felt terrible.

A few hours later Hunter was thrown into a cell across from me.

"Hey." He said, almost coldly.

I tried to reply but my mouth was still numbed shut.

"Ok, i get it." Hunter chucked, "your not going to talk to a monster. Yeah, go ahead. Give me the cold shoulder. See if i care." He looked at me, stone faced. "Titan just say something! Anything? Tell me how much you hate me. Tell me im useless. Do something!" He yelled at me, kiking his cell door. When i didn't reply he glared at me. Lips starting to quiver, eyes starting to blur with tears. "Look, i dident know any of that stuff about myself. I dident want to keep anything from you Edric. I really didn't. And i dident want to hurt you! Just please know..." he said, voice cracking and traling off.

"I love you Ed." He said. "I love you even if you hate me now, and whatever happens tomorrow, when im drained. Killed. And you, whatever happens to you, wheather your released or kept hear, im sorry. For putting you through all this. Im sorry, and i love you." He was crying now, giant tears rolling down his cheeks, washing all the dryed blood off of his face.

I was sobbing to, curled up, face pressing up against my knees. Im sorry to Hunter, im sorry you feel like this. Im sorry i cant talk to you, tell you that i love you too.

Hunter dident say another word after that, he even rolled over on the cold hard ground and pretended to go to sleep.

Finally, sometime around midnight my mouth was unblocked, i guess belos decided to stop wasting magic on me.

I cleared my throat. Hunter shot up, looking at me like i was crazy.

"I love you too Hunter." I said weakly.

Hunter looked at me, tears welling back up in his eyes but he shook them away.

"FINALLY YOU DECIDE TO FUCKING TALK TO ME!"Hunter roared, "WHY DIDENT YOU SAY ANYTHING BEFORE? WHEN BELOS ALMOST KILLED ME? EVEN WHEN I SPILLED MY GUTS OUT YOU DECIDED THAT THIS WAS A BETTER FUCKING TIME? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU EDRIC?"

i looked down, ashamed, "im sorry hunter, i wanted to say somthing and i tried, but belos jammed my mouth out with some spell..." i relpyed, meekly looking back up at him. I was expecting him to yell again. But he dident. He just sat back down and processed what i had just said.

"Oh.." he finally said after a pause. "Im sorry i yelled, its just been a long day."

"I know." i said, eyes watering. "i know..."

Hunter reached his arm out of the bars reaching out to touch me. I reached out too, trying to meet him halfway but the hall was to wide, effectively keeping us apart.

Hunters pov

The next morning Edric and i were chained up and walked to the throne room. The atmospheres was so tence not even a knife could cut the heavy feeling away

I was tied down onto the floor in front of belos, and edric to a wall a few feet away. I took one last look at him before i closed my eyes, accepting that this was probably where i was going to die.

Belos walked forward, reaching toward my face in a grand sweeping motion. He closed his fist like he had just snached a bug and i felt something pull at my skin.

Slowley but surely a light green tendril emerged from my skin, forming a rope of light that was slowly dancing into beloses greedy hands.

BAM

The sound of a door being smashed in innterupted Beloses concentration and the rope was broken.

"Knock Knock." Eda said. Walking in. "Sorry i dident come eairlier, i had to find a way past the gaurds. Am i too late?"

I shook my head, a big smile crossing my face. We were being rescued!

Belos growled, rising abomination spikes toward Eda, who dident seem to nodice.

"EDA LOOK OUT!!" I yelled at her. Eda looked up and gasped.

"Distraction spell!" She yelled, slamming a bag of somthing onto the ground.

Belos stopped everything. He was clearly confused, he reached an abomination tentacle toward the bag cautiously to see what it was.

While he was distracted Eda started sawing away at my ropes, Luz dashed in behind her, taking a knife and sawing away at Edrics.

Soon we were free. And belos had just nodiced what she had done. Seeing me and Ed free his eyes glowed red with rage. Belos raised an arm, comanding a group od large, liquid spikes, ready to strike-

THUNK

belos crashed to the floor like a ragdoll.

"Hooty to the rescue Hoot Hoot!"

____________________________________

To be continued...