CHAPTER 18 ━━━

# ! | CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
- she makes a pretty good teacher

━━━ SPENCER SUCKS A
breath through his teeth as Meryl takes his hands in hers and plants them on her waist, facing him. She loops her arms around his neck and holds intense eye contact. "Just sway," Murph says as "Club Can't Handle Me" by Flo Rida and David Guetta drifts through the speakers. Okay, Spencer thinks, I can handle this. He focuses on keeping his eyes away from her cleavage, tracing her cheekbones with his eyes. But then the song picks up.

Around him, people start jumping up and down, loose and utterly jubilant. "C'mon, sugar," Meryl encourages him, joining the crowd in their hopping around. Spencer takes one look at her, the way she looks at him and in that dress, and throws caution to the wind, raving with her.

"There you go, grandpa," Meryl jokes, earning a scowl from her company.

Spencer raises his eyebrows. "Grandpa?"

"You dress like a grandfather," she explains, giggling at his indignance.

Spencer just rolls his eyes, biting the inside of his cheek to suppress a grin.

The song ends before he has a chance to embarrass himself any further. Alas, the night is still young.

A shit eating grin splits Morgan's face when he hears the intro to "Pony" by Ginuwine and sees the way Meryl's face lights up. He'd ended up back with the rest of the team, sans Meryl and Reid, at the bar around ten minutes ago. Derek elbows Prentiss and then Garcia. "I think pretty boy is about to get the time of his life."

Hotch chuckles a bit. "I really hope she doesn't do anything I'll have to fire her for."

"Oh. My. God," Meryl squeaks as the song comes on, hips immediately moving. The dance floor clears and the DJ speaks up.

"Ayo! Look like we got a little Magic Mike action in the house. Get it, little lady!"

Some drunk guy in his 20's sets a chair down in the middle of the dance floor, clapping Spencer on the shoulder. The agent stands there in curiosity, captivated by Meryl as she approaches him. When she reaches him, he notices all eyes are on them. Maybe it was the way she moved, but he could only think about her thighs, muscular and strong, her tapered waist and full chest. And her lips, full and even. He wanted... a lot in that moment, more than he knew how to handle, which appears as fear etched in his features.

Meryl reads this and nods to him in understanding, reaching past him to grab Prentiss. The dark haired woman picks up on the energy and grinds roughly against Meryl. The younger pushes Emily into the chair and shoves her knees apart, both girls wearing matching bright smiles with barely contained laughter bubbling on their lips.

Morgan nudges Reid's shoulder. "You alright, kid?"

Reid nods. "Yes, I'm fine. I don't know why she switched me out."

Rossi shakes his head. "You looked like you were about to crap your pants."

"Believe me, fear was the last thing I was thinking about," the doctor insists, a blush tinging his cheeks.

"My God," Derek gasps, "you were turned on by her."

Reid shoves him away. "Shut up. You are so loud!"

By now, the song has ended and Emily returns to the group, hair messed up and a thin layer of sweat on her forehead. Meryl is right behind her, eyes guarded as she approaches Spencer.

"I'm sorry-" they both speak at the same time, dispersing into nervous giggles.

"I guess I got a little too into the music," Meryl says, taking a sip from a bottle of water. Spencer nods, "Same here."

Another track plays, a ballad this time: "How Deep Is Your Love" by the Bee Gees. Spencer swallows and sets his jaw in determination, fingers trailing down Meryl's arm to her hand, intertwining their fingers and tugging her toward the dance floor.

She laughs nervously, tentatively setting connecting her hands behind Spencer's neck, absently running her hands through the hair at the nape of his neck. Spence presses his hand into the small of her back, urging their bodies closer together still as they slow dance.

He squints at her discomfort. "Don't tell me you don't like the Bee Gees."

"No, no, it's not that," Murph laughs, biting her bottom lip like how she did when she was trying to get out of saying something. Deciding to just get it out, she stares at Spencer's chest as she speaks. "I'm not- I haven't really ever slow danced with someone. I get all stiff."

Spencer smiles warmly, enjoying this rare moment of vulnerability from her. There's something about it that makes attraction swell in his chest as he shakes his head lightly. "It's not rocket science. Come here." He turns her in a little circle and then dips his head so his lips are at her ear.

"Just relax," he whispers, debating between kissing her neck or not. Meryl shivers violently against him and then laughs at herself. "Easier said than done, doc."

"I'll distract you, then. You know how you said a while back that you had my type nailed down? Blue eyes, blonde hair, taller, skinny?" Spencer asks, courage suddenly flaring, heat uncurling low in his stomach.

She hums in remembrance. "I recall."

"You were dead wrong," he tells her.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. Curvy, shorter, dark haired girls with, oh I don't know, green eyes are the way to go." Spencer's voice drips with innuendo, begging her to pick up what he's putting down, but he's past the point of caring.

Meryl shudders a breath. "My apologies for the mistake. And for what I said about your style. I really like the way you dress, actually. I think it's sexy as hell."

Spencer's cheeks burn but he keeps his voice grounded. "Yours is too. I mean, really."

"Y'know," Meryl puts her cheek against Spencer's chest, "I might know someone who fits that description."

"Do you? Is she free tomorrow night?" His heart feels like it might launch into overdrive, he holds his breath.

Meryl laughs. "Should be, assuming Elia hasn't set my house on fire when I get back."

Spencer feigns shock. "We were talking about you?"

Meryl's entire body stops, freezes right in it's tracks, and Spencer barks out a laugh. "I'm sorry, honey. I knew we were talking about you. I wanna take you out."

Murph flashes a smile. "I'm glad. At least you already know where I live from when you lied about being drunk to find out where my house is."

The taller agent groans, hazel eyes meeting her amused green ones. "Not my best moment, okay?"

Meryl nods. "I'm just messing with you. Hey, I better go get my girls back to my place before Garcia goes home with someone she doesn't know. Thank you for tonight, Spencer." Before she can think twice, she cups one side of his neck and kisses the other side, speed walking toward the door, where JJ waits with saucer eyes.

When Spencer is done having a brain aneurysm, he goes on the hunt for Morgan, desperately needing some older brother advice from the best in the business.