CHAPTER 51 ━━━

# ! | CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE
- they knock some socks off

━━━ "WONDER WHAT'S TAKING
boy and girl genius so long. I'm gonna tipsy before they even get here," Penelope says, popping a maraschino cherry through her similarly colored lips. She wears a tight pink dress with red floral patterns on it that match the red of Derek's button down. Emily and JJ are adorable; JJ wears a baby blue suit with a tight white bustier top and white heels and Emily matches in a strapless blue jumpsuit and heels.

They have a good view of the door from their table, the subconscious eagle nest of the FBI, and it's scattered with Penelope's fruity margarita glass, JJ's spiked seltzer, and Morgan and Emily's old fashioneds.

"There's Meryl and oh my God-" Penelope squeals as a form of punctuation as Spencer walks through the door behind her, hand assertively on her waist. He finds the team almost immediately and nudges Meryl, who looks their way and busts out laughing at their expressions.

"Nuh uh," Morgan chuckles, a huge grin on his face. "That's not pretty boy. I dunno who that is but it ain't Reid."

The couple stops at the bar to get drinks and Spencer orders virgin cranberry spritzes for the both of them. Meryl raises a brow. "I want alcohol. How am I supposed to unwind after you got me so wound up?"

Spencer smiles down at her, though not so far down thanks to the five inch heels. "If you're drunk, I won't make love to you. And I'm getting impatient."

After that, she takes her drink begrudgingly. "I have a better tolerance than you think."

"We can get you loaded some other night, promise." They then head to their friend's table and slide in next to Penelope.

"Damn, Spencer. You clean up, I guess," Emily compliments. A laugh bubbles out of Garcia's lips. "Where the hell was Meryl when you gelled your hair back?"

"Hey," Spencer feigns a hurt expression, "I thought you liked the hair."

Derek is about to reply but then a tall, confident man with a well groomed dark beard and light eyes approaches their table. "Murphy, babe. Is that you?"

She meets his gaze and very obviously scowls. "Look what the cat dragged in. Melvin Drake, how ya been, bucko?"

Bucko. Spencer knows she only talks to people like that when she doesn't like them. Melvin Drake is a name that rings a bell. Some low level Hollywood producer or something.

"Peachy keen, kitten. No love for an old friend?" Begrudgingly, she stands and gives him a one armed hug. He returns with two, one hand slipping very, very close to her ass. Maybe it's because he's feeling particularly dominant, but Spencer stands and pries Melvin's hands off of Meryl, taking one to shake.

"Doctor Spencer Reid. Meryl's boyfriend." His hazel eyes gleam with intensity as he stares into the light blue eyes of their most unwelcome company.

"Sheesh, message received. Have a nice life, bitches." Pride obviously wounded, Drake goes to make his exit.

"Aye Mel, how's your wife these days?" Meryl calls, reassuringly squeezing Spencer's hand.

The man slowly turns around, swallowing thickly before answering. "She's, eh, fine."

"Damn straight," Meryl replies with a sultry smile. "She still taste like strawberries?"