Record of Ragnarok

"Honestly, I was expecting more from a 'me' but we can't all be that good. Still disappointing. Well, at least I get the opportunity to make a 'me' into someone that can go stand his ground to compare with one of 'me'." -???

["^_(9^ 1§{€2£¥7$}8%->4@*#'6~'...\!?04@*#'6~'...\!?0]

In an arena filled with spectators to the brim, there was a man watching the arena in the sidelines.

The man was a tall and muscular old man with silver hair, wrinkled skin, sharp eyebrows and brown colored eyes. The old man was wearing a red and orange haori with numerous flower patterns and a hakama with a darker shade of the same color tied with a red ribbon. He also wears toe-less leggings that are black in color and he had harboring a long katana as tall as him on his back.

This man was Sasaki Kojiro. Humanity's Greatest Loser. At least, that was until he earned his first victory in the very arena that he was currently looking at.

Sasaki Kojiro had been selected to be one of the representatives of humanity. Something that he had accepted immediately when knowing that if they lost, humanity would cease to exist. He participated in the fight and fought one of the most powerful gods. Poseidon, Ruler of the Seas. A true monster in the eyes of others but in his eyes. He could only feel sorrow.

Poseidon had been ostracized by his own people because of his personality. Isolating oneself by keeping everyone away from him was one of the things that as a human Sasaki could understand from the gods. But that didn't mean that he was soft. Kojiro didn't want to lose. He had the fate of all humanity on his side and he'd be damned to let them down.

When Poseidon ridiculed him and his beliefs of the sword, he didn't lose composure. Instead, he became even more motivated to show these gods what true power was. With his skill, encouragement from the crowds and ridiculous luck from the Valkyrie.

He had won. Bringing humanity the first win by its greatest loser which many thought was ironic. In truth, Kojiro had thought that he would lose. He had never won and he thought it would stay that way. Facing someone like Poseidon was undoubtedly a challenge even for the gods. But he stayed to true to his nickname 'Perfect Scanner' given to him. Every breath, muscle movement and more was scanned by him. He had scanned everything from Poseidon, even the very fabric of existence. But ultimately even with that it proved to be a challenged.

Kojiro had won very narrowly but what most people didn't know is that he would of still lost even with that. He had won by studying an looking at the past combatants before him. Sasaki Kojiro had wanted to see what these gods could do and he was surprised and excited. These gods were powerful and their divinity was no joke. They could dish out power inhuman like and he had witnessed it in the very first match.

It would be a lie saying that he wasn't nervous when he saw this. But he was also surprised. The human 'Lu Bu' was no pushover either. He had dish out blow after blow and their brute power was immense. This also showed how humanity could stand up against them.

The next fight after that was also a loss but also reinforced his belief. 'Adam' the first human, was the definition of powerful. Even with his senses he could barely keep up. He knew that he couldn't see the moves and tried to see how well he would do but it seems that he wouldn't win.

Zeus was too durable and his ability to stop time made it even worse for him as one well placed punch from him would be all he needed. Adam on the other hand would be able to almost instantly win against win. Just a single copy of attach and he'd lose. As simple as that.

He had seen this with the second round. So if you can't see with your eyes, then use your understanding of the other person. That was his unique gift. But a gift he made himself and not given to him by some higher level being. He had scanned everything from Poseidon but still barely won. The next fight after his showed something different.