Ambition

POV- Third Person

Inside a building, there were three people inside one of the dimmed light room. One was behind a wooden desk who seemed to be a leader of sorts and another was at their right holding a straight posture while having their hands behind their back. This person at glance would seem to be a secretary or assistant.

The last one was a teenager. He had black hair and had sharp silver eyes. His skin was fair and wasn't too dark nor too light. He wore a grey shirt and black pants that was stained in black and so was his face. He had leather gloves on him as well. The teenager looked like he had just come out of a chimney. He had just finished helping in the forgeries so he looked very ragged.

This teenager was someone named Sasaki Kojiro and he had joined the 'Hepheatus Familia'. His parents were blacksmith's from the familia but they had died in an expedition in the dungeon when he was 12 years old. At least, that was what he was told. The only thing that he was left with was their possession but he had nothing to help substain himself for money and so on.

Thankfully, the familia had a contract with his parents that said 'if they happened to die, then the familia will take responsibility to take care of their child until the age of an adult'. (Which is 16 in this world. I think.) This is what happened to Sasaki and he was practically raised by the 'Hephaestus Familia' and now that he was of age, he wanted to help his family by becoming an adventurer and go to the dungeon to fight monsters.

But someone intervened, it was Hephaestus herself that intervened in this matter. Hephaestus had a crimson eye and red hair reaching to the neck. She has a rather sharp face and slender body with an eyepatch over her right eye. She wore a white shirt and black pants and had gloves.

She didn't want him to go to the dungeon. She had actually banned him from going to the dungeon despite having promised him that he could when he was 16.

"Why?! You told me that I could go to the dungeon when I turned 16! I'm now 16! You can't lock me up here anymore!" He cried out.

Hephaestus sighed and held her head in exhaustion. "How about your reconsider your profession? There are plenty of jobs that can help this Familia without going to the dungeon. I won't let you go get yourself killed. Not like your-" but she stopped before completing her sentence and looked down to avoid eye contact.

"What?! You were gonna say like my parents weren't you!" He screamed out as he slammed his hands on the wooden desk.

"Kojiro! Stop disrespecting her and speak with manners!" A girl said from the side. She was the advisor and secretary of Hephaestus, Tsubaki Collbrande. Tsubaki has brown skin, long black hair, red eyes, and wears an eyepatch over her left eye, similar to her Goddess Hephaestus, however, hers covers the opposite eye. She has a well-endowed chest which she keeps in a sarashi, and wears a red hakama and sandals.

He scowled angrily. "You people keep blabbering on about it! I know it wasn't an accident in the dungeon! I'm old enough now and I'm not ignorant. So tell me the real reason for why you're not sending me in there." He crossed his arms and looked at the Goddess who had a pained expression on her.

(I would like to just say that the MC won't be like this for long. Demeanour changes yate yate yate. Revenge blah blah blah and whatever. Just saying this because I'm scared people will misunderstand this MC. Plus he's like 15. Being annoying is part of his 'growth'.)

Tsubaki spoke on behalf of Hephaestus. "Because we know what you're going to do. You'll just gain strength and try to kill your parents killer! Do you think your parents would want you to go down that path? Do you think Hephaestus would want to see someone she practically raised to become a serial killer?"