Prologue

As the cold remains of winter begin to thaw away, a new season of warmth and colours arrives

As the cold remains of winter begin to thaw away, a new season of warmth and colours arrives. Spring, the season of new beginnings. Flowers of all colours in their full bloom. The trees branching tall in the light breeze with the sun casting its mellow rays as it awakes all life on earth.

During this festive season, families often put the weather and season into good use by going out to parks for picnics.

One was no different as a mother and daughter settled into the lush scenery along a flowered field when something unique in particular caught a little girl's eye:

In front of her were two blue butterflies fluttering alongside each other like leaves in the wind, graceful as twin ballerinas dancing in the space as the girl watched in awe.

"How lovely," her mother smiled, noticing the child's attention drawn to the two butterflies.

"Mother, what does it mean?" She asked, an expression of great intrigue painted on her dainty little face.

"Perhaps they were lovers in their past life," the older answered.

"Lovers?"

"Mhm," her mother hummed in response, "meant to be together even after their time was over."

"I want to be a butterfly when I grow up!"

She could only laugh by the child's innocence and purity by such a response as she took the younger by the hand. "Come now," she said softly as the two walked away.

But the little girl's gaze never left the two butterflies.

Slowly, the butterflies disappeared into the distance, daring to blend in with the warm colours from the flowers, only distinguishable by two souls flying next to each other, in a brand new life together.