1

There was no concept of time here—at least wherever the two were heading towards now

There was no concept of time here—at least wherever the two were heading towards now. It was always bright, no matter what time of the day it was here. Everything seemed to be running at its own pace, against the rules of time, much different than everywhere else.

They have been walking for a while now; the purple sky that surrounded them had turned into a lush shade of blue then to almost pure white as Beomgyu's hand clasped the little boy's tightly, knowing that they weren't far from their destination.

It was as if they were treading across a glass room that reflected the sky, the aura cool and calming to its visitors.

"Where are we going?" The child asked, looking up at the older.

"Somewhere far, far away," Beomgyu spoke gently.

"Far? Will I be able to see mom again?"

Beomgyu went silent for a few moments. The answer to the question simply being too complex for a child to understand. He looked down, the boy's s eyes glistening with hope back.

"She'll be here soon," he smiled. There was a change in the boy's face as he beamed back, seeming to have bought his lie. "Look! We've arrived!" Beomgyu exclaimed in a deliberate attempt to divert the child's attention to something else.

Curious, the boy looked where the older was pointing to. Beomgyu pointed towards a single door in front of them that sat in the middle of absolutely nowhere as they approached it.

Turning the doorknob open, Beomgyu guided the younger into a room.

It contrasted heavily to the void they had just walked through, this one being more identifiable as a room filled with animate objects as the boy looked around in awe.

It felt as if they had stepped into a completely different world. The glass dome above them reflected the ever-blue sky with shafts of warm light casting its soft rays upon the two. The whole area was brightly lit, creating the illusion of one entering a hall of mirrors.

Perfectly white walls stood tall around them, adorned with murals of angels and other otherworldly creatures playing with each other among the clouds. Light filtered through the coloured glass panels of angels and deities. One depicted a picture of a human soul being sent up to heaven—the essence of the scene perfectly captured through a mix of brilliant colours and intricate details.

By the front, a three-tiered glass fountain greeted their entrance. At the topmost tier, a carved statue of an angel sat on top. Water sprinkled by her side, the droplets reflecting the seven colours of light as the image of tiny crystals being showered everywhere rained by the angel's side. The sound of running water was pleasantly calming to its visitors, finally allowing them to be at peace after their long journey to get here.

The grandeur of the mysterious place they've just entered seemed to have caught the boy's attention. Any remnants of his sadness or intentions to return to his human home fading away.