10

Under the shade of a tangerine tree, the angel wandered deeper into his thoughts while enjoying the view of the hazed mountains far ahead

Under the shade of a tangerine tree, the angel wandered deeper into his thoughts while enjoying the view of the hazed mountains far ahead. The palace garden felt fairytale-like, a getaway as one surrounds themselves with the beauty nature had to offer.

Beomgyu found himself coming here a lot recently. Perhaps it was because no one would be able to look for him here, considering the size of the garden. Or maybe it was because it had a breathtaking view of the clear sky and mountains overhead that he felt so connected to this ethereal sanctuary.

The sounds of footsteps approaching from behind him drew the angel away from his thoughts as he turned around to see Bora, Nari's younger sister.

These were the first few times the two encountered each other since he started living at the palace. Bora was just as pretty as Nari was with long, ebony-black hair, perfectly pink lips and beautiful brown eyes. Her appearance was as elegant as a doll's and as graceful as a flower's. Her beauty is definitely one that is not easy to miss.

Yet, there was something different between she and Nari. She didn't share Nari's charm or charisma. Something about being near Nari made Beomgyu feel elated—her presence known and acknowledged if she ever entered a room. All the attention goes to her. Nari's bewitching eyes were like a gateway to a whole other dimension, so filled with youth, you'd instantly feel lost in them.

Even though the likeliness of the two sisters was there, Bora's face did not have the composite magic of her sister's—a lady who looked more like a painting than a real person. The two were sisters, both possessing great beauty. But Beomgyu didn't feel the same aura with Bora as he usually would with Nari. It was almost as if all she had was a pretty face, nothing more than that.

"Do you know where Nari is?" He asked Bora, not noticing her wanting to say something upon her arrival at the garden.

"I'm not too sure—"

"I'm here," said a voice from behind them.

The two turned around to see Nari. A smile instantly formed on Beomgyu's face at the sight of his princess, completely forgetting the fact that Bora was there too. Flustered, Bora dived out of their sight, neither of them noticing her departure.

Nari settled next to Beomgyu, the both of them wearing identical smiles on their faces simply being in one another's company.

"Why did you come here?" Asked the angel.

"Since when does a guard leave its master?" Princess Nari joked.

Beomgyu shared a chuckle. "I'm sorry. I justneeded to clear my head here."

"Why this specific place, though? There are many other places in the palace with nice views, yet you always choose to come here," the princess asked.