12

"Have you heard about angel numbers?"

"Sorry?" Taehyun repeated, the sudden question piquing his interest as he looked up from his laptop.

"Angel numbers," Mr Yoon replied. "'Angel numbers are short recurring sequences of one particular number that you keep seeing over and over again to the point where they stand out,'" he read out loud from the tablet in his hands.

"And why are we talking about this again?" Taehyun asked, trying to stifle a frown.

"Must everything we talk about be work-related?" Mr Yoon replied with a pout. "You didn't answer my question, by the way."

Taehyun looked up to the digital clock framed against his wall, the time reading, 5:53 in the early evening.

"53," he replied.

A smile crept across Mr Yoon's face as he began to read the blog on his tablet. "Angel Number 53 is a sign that your guardian angel is working closely with you as you go through changes in your life. These changes may seem challenging, but rest assured that they are necessary and will prove to be most beneficial in the long term.'"

"That's nice," Taehyun smiled, trying to be polite before going back to his work. It wasn't that he wasn't interested in what Mr Yoon had to say (maybe he was a little). But it's more of him wanting to use his time more productively at the moment. And to him, getting this proposal done and over with his much more important than idle talk about angel numbers.

"How about following me to a tarot card reading session when you're free? I heard their predictions are crazily accurate—you can ask them everything and anything, from your identity in your past life to your future prophecies!"

"Mhm," Taehyun hummed in response, everything delivered to him going through one ear and coming out of the other as Mr Yoon frowned at his boss' lack of attentiveness.

"Well, if you ever feel like knowing about your past or future, we could go to that reading session, you know?"

"Of course," Taehyun replied.

There's no way angels exist, he thought to himself. He had always been the type to put science above everything else. If he hasn't seen it with his own two eyes, then it's hard to believe one is true.

The same applied to this matter. Mr Yoon was probably bribed or bewitched by a shaman to be falling for all of this talk about angels and prophecies, he thought before turning his attention back to his laptop and work.

 Mr Yoon was probably bribed or bewitched by a shaman to be falling for all of this talk about angels and prophecies, he thought before turning his attention back to his laptop and work