7

Packing everything into boxes, Beomgyu began to load the last bits of his things outside where Mr Yoon was waiting with a moving truck

Packing everything into boxes, Beomgyu began to load the last bits of his things outside where Mr Yoon was waiting with a moving truck. He didn't have much to pack for, thankfully, since he had just arrived in Seoul a few days later.

"There are still some boxes left in my room. I'll bring them over quickly," said Beomgyu as he passed another box to Mr Yoon.

"No worries, take your time," the latter replied before Beomgyu disappeared into his house once more.

In the corner of his bedroom sat the last box, smaller than the rest. A wave of nostalgia took over him, knowing the contents of what was inside.

Inside the box were small treasures he had personally collected over the lifetimes he had experienced, all of them being small memories and mementoes of all the souls he looked after.

Beomgyu lost himself for a moment as he brought his consciousness back to the present. Now wasn't the time for reminiscing past encounters as he picked the box up once again.

"Going somewhere?" A voice spoke from behind.

Turning around, Beomgyu came face-to-face with Hueningkai. Before he could ask why the latter had come in the first place, Hueningkai's gaze rested upon the box in his hands.

"And what is that?" The devil inquired, about to reach for it—

"Don't touch it," Beomgyu snapped, bringing the box away from his reach.

All Hueningkai could do was let out a sigh. "After all this time, and you still won't let me see what's inside," he laughed sadly. "You didn't answer my question, though," the devil continued, the expression on his face changing like a switch.

"Taehyun's—I mean, my boss's," he answered.

Hueningkai whistled in amusement while Beomgyu rolled his eyes. "Falling for him already?"

"Shut up, Hueningkai," Beomgyu muttered before walking out of the house.

"Good luck!" His friend called out, waving from behind.

"I have a little surprise in store for him."