24. Weird feeling

"So... what kind of weird aura is it?" I questioned Star as we escaped the stadium quietly.

"Beats me." The bird replies as we all sneak out of the stadium. "Maybe Felix has a better idea..." She starts, but trails off for a moment upon looking in the boy's direction. "...Felix?"

I looked in the direction of the boy. He seemed to be slowing down significantly, maybe even looking a little pale...

I immediately slowed down. "Felix, are you ok?"

"I..." he sighs. "Topaz, let's go." He commands the worried Spiritmal walking by his feet. Topaz didn't waste a single moment transforming into his true form, allowing his trainer to have a ride on his back. "L-let's talk later." The boy finally replies, speeding off on his lionblitz.

"Eh? What's happening?" Richard exclaims as Topaz races past the confused coordinator.

"I don't know..." I replied him.

"Ah well, if Fels wants to race with me, I'm in!" The male grins gleefully, before a look of sadness takes over his expression. "Or that's what I'll say if Jacky isn't injured..." he mutters silently.

"Geez... chaos is going down and I'm missing it." I heard Jacky continue.

"Oh boy..." was all Star could reply me from our mental connection. Winter just sighs, shaking her head silently.

"So how far do we need to run again?" I heard Richard complain after what I think to be exactly 1.3 seconds.

"I don't know..." I quickly reply him, hoping to catch up with Felix soon.
————————————

"Felix?" I called out, wondering where the racer went. At this point, we were a reasonable distance from the stadium, so he would likely be somewhere around here.

"Hmmm..." I watched as Richard looked around the area. "I wonder where he went. It's not too difficult to spot Blue hair." He comments.

"Yea..." Star agrees. "oh! I think I got his trail." The yellow announces. "He's... somewhere behind those bushes!" She puffs out her feathers, pointing a wing to the left of where we are. After performing the action, she immediately took off at a great speed, diving in a straight line towards a certain bush.

"Star, wait—" I tried to stop the bird, only to hear a yelp from the bush and an ice beam shoot up from within the leaves. Star dodges the beam easily, looking down into the bushes. "Found ya!" She announced, before tilting her head to one side. "Oops." She continued, and the rest of us immediately rushed over to see what was happening.

"Star, you have got to stop doing that." Felix finally spoke upon seeing the rest of us.

"Seriously though!" Topaz growls at the bird. "Geez... you're going to give him a heart attack some day."

"Sorry..." Star mutters, actually seeming guilty this time as she flies back to my shoulder. "Are... are you alright?" She continues, shuffling a little as she turned to look at Felix again.

"I think so." He replies, giving Star a stern glance before looking back down at the ground.

I sighed, Felix clearly looked to be in a daze.

"Hey um, Fels?" Richard squats down to his cousin's level. "You sure you're ok dude? You seem a little... I don't know, tired? Did you get overloaded by the contest after all? You did great really!"

Felix sighs. "Richard it's not—"

"Have a bit of confidence! Really! That was great for a second try!"

"Richard..."

"And besides, even if you fail you can just try again! Honestly though, I think you already have this one in the bag..."