17. Heigh-Ho Brightlit!

I walked quietly behind the chaos in front of me, watching as Felix pranced around with Jacky, Topaz, Winter and Star. He was singing a little song, dancing to it alongside the spiritmals.

"Who's on an adventure now? Me! Heigh-ho! Heigh-ho! Forests, lakes and deserts we'll go! Heigh-ho! Heigh-ho! Heigh-ho! Journey far and wide until, the ends of the world we'll reach we will, sing with me now my mates won't you? Won't you?"

"Heigh-ho! Heigh-ho! Heigh-ho! Heigh-ho! Heigh-ho! Heigh-ho! Heigh-ho! Heigh-ho!" All the spiritmals sang along, dancing alongside the young coordinator.

As they went on to the second verse, I started nodding along to the music. It wasn't a bad song, and it was definitely one of the catchier ones I've heard.

It was quite a sight to behold actually, a couple of Spiritmals singing a lively tune and dancing alongside a trainer, putting on a little performance for all the Passersby. Soon, we weren't even walking anymore, Richard having drawn quite an audience to clap alongside the beat, a few of them even singing along to the chorus.

"Heigh-ho! Heigh-ho! Heigh-ho! Heigh-ho! Heigh-ho! Heigh-ho! Heigh-ho! Heigh-ho!"

In the little time I've known him, Richard seemed to be the kind that would put on a show wherever he went, the kind that would cause a ton of mischief and get out of it scot free. With him being a coordinator, I had a feeling that it was due to him being under the limelight practically all the time.

"Nope, he doesn't ever grow up." Felix sighed a little. "And to think that he'll be turning twenty this year..."

"Well, at least there isn't a dull moment to have around him." I replied.

"That's true, but it can get really annoying very quickly." Felix replied, the tone of his voice revealing a hint of annoyance. "Well, at least he's happy."

"Hmm..." I replied, looking back at the commotion just in time to see the song and dance end. Richard and Jacky bowed immediately, cueing the other spiritmals to follow suit.

"That was a pretty good performance." I complimented the young coordinator, who handed a sheepish grin back at me.

"I'm used to it. Me and Jacky tend to do random performances like that. Sometimes, we'll even get tips."

"You should join us next time Em, it's fun!" Star's eyes glowed, Winter nodding in agreement at my feet.

"Hmm... I'll consider it." I replied, honestly not wanting to get involved but also not wanting to crush the hearts of the excited spiritmals.

"I know what you're thinking Em!" Star chirped. "You seem to have forgotten that I could read your mind."

"Oh... right..." I sighed at Star's reminder.

Star's eyes glowed with mischief, and I knew what was coming.

"I'll be placing that on my bucket list." The bird announced telepathically.

"Knew it." I replied.

"How about you Felix? Would you join next time?" Star asked the quiet boy.

"No thank you." He simply replied.

"Aw... come on Fels! It'll be fun!" His cousin attempted to get him to join.

"I think I've made my answer fairly clear."

"You're no fun."

"What did you expect?"

"To be honest... nothing." Richard sighed. "You're always like this after all. At least since that day."