11. Who are you?

Hometown?!

My mind was whirling. If Monarmal was Felix's hometown, then that woman...

"...May also be related to Felix." Star replied using our connection.

"I thought it was just some crazy fangirl or something..." I commented to Star.

It seemed to be only then, the boy apparently named Richard approached us.

"Heya! Are you traveling with Felix or something? The name's Richard." He extended a hand towards me.

Not knowing how exactly I should react, I accepted the handshake. "Name's Emily. I guess it's nice to meet you?"

"Emily huh? Nice name."

"Thanks?" I broke the handshake.

"What spiritmal is that?" He pointed at Star.

"A Glowstaride." I replied him.

His eyes widened. "That'll explain why you are here. These ruins are full of the history of Glowstaride!"

I nodded.

"So... back to the question I wanted to ask you. You are traveling with Felix right? You must be! He never allows anyone to just randomly follow him around the place." Richard smiled.

In the background, I could see Felix clearly trying to keep himself from exploding.

"So Fels, you finally made friends huh?" Richard turned his attention back towards Felix.

"..."

"Oh come on Fels! We haven't met each other physically in two years!"

"Don't. Call. Me. That." Felix replied, Topaz looking up at his trainer in concern.

"You're no fun anymore." Richard complained.

"And you're still as bubbly as ever." Felix sighed.

"Were the two of you friends?" I finally asked.

"Friends?" Richard echoed. "Felix never told you? We're cousins!"

In the background, I could see Felix facepalming.

"Perhaps we could save this conversation for another day?" I suggested.

"Another day? If I know Felix, I know that he'll scram outta here as soon as he is done with whatever important business he has here." Richard sighed.

Well, I guess that'll explain Felix's edginess on the train earlier.

A loud squeak sounded, followed by a series of familiar barks.

"That was..." Star perked up.

I scanned the area, spotting Winter chasing after a rabbit-like spiritmal with horns on its head. A Jackelopp.

"Oh god... a wolfabeast is hunting down Jacky..." Richard complained.

Jacky? That'll mean...

"Winter! To heel!" I commanded the wolfabeast. She stopped immediately, running back to my side.

"That wolfabeast is also your spiritmal?" Richard commented. "That's a very rare hybrid you have there miss."

"Yea, a winterwhite, I know." I replied, petting Winter in her head.

"Jacky, return!" Richard called his spiritmal back as well. "Are you from the Rairin family? They have a ton of rare Spiritmals."

"Rairin?" I frowned. "I've... I've never heard of them."

"Oh."

Felix walked closer to us, Topaz padding alongside him.

"Are you done here yet?" Felix questioned, leaning on one of the stones.

"I guess. I can't read any of these symbols anyways." I shrugged, looking at one of the stones.

"Felix can." Richard suggested, earning a glare from the said trainer.

"Richard, no." He replied.

"Come on Fels! You give yourself less credit than you deserve."

"No I don't."

"Oh yes you do." Richard countered.

Felix just kept quiet.

"You've changed a lot huh? Fels? You..."

"Just shut up, Richard." Felix cut him off mid-sentence.

Star shuddered. "He's back..." she commented to me through our connection.

"Who?"

"Felix..." Star shifted slightly, clearly uncomfortable with the exchange between Felix and his brother.

I didn't really get what Star was talking about. However, I did know one thing. Felix was clearly in the worse mood I've seen him in for ages.

The atmosphere grew tense as Felix glared at his cousin. Richard was calm. However, I could tell that he was slightly upset, probably wondering what had changed in his younger cousin.

"Hey, What about a contest battle?" Richard changed the topic, Jacky jumping onto his shoulder.

Felix flinched. "I'm a Loinheart, not a Lemuract like you Richard."

"Oh come on, surnames ain't mean anything." His cousin replied.

"Richard, you know I can't except." Felix countered.

"No one's here Felix..." Richard reasoned before remembering my presence. "...Besides Emily that is."

"You will not taint the reputation of a Loinheart." Felix continued arguing.

"Geez... you've grown to become like your mom." Richard pushed on.

Topaz growled at those words. "You've gone cross the line!"

The lionblitz roared, a soft one. However, it still sent chills up my spine. Felix looked at his lionblitz, nodding at him.

"Fine, we accept your challenge."

Richard grinned, Jacky hopping off his shoulder. "I knew that I'll get to you little cousin."

—————————
If this was interesting, the next one's a wooper... at least in my opinion.

So I'll see you guys next week!

Or maybe sooner...