8. The last glow

An early update cause why not? Enjoy! (Play the soundtrack above while reading for maximum effect)
—————————

The walk to the train station was a slow one. Felix was more quiet then he usually was... which was saying a lot due to the fact that he was pretty quiet to begin with. Topaz was just walking alongside his trainer, saying nothing as well.

I sighed, deciding to look around the city instead of bothering Felix. During my last visit, I haven't actually taken in the sights of the city.

The city was surrounded by the walls of the cave, houses being built alongside the walls to save space. It seemed as though it was a normal city, however, it would be shrouded in the darkness of the cave all day, lights needed to bring life to the city.

"You!" I heard a familiar voice, turning around instantly. It was then I found myself face to face with Sleet.

"You!" I returned the greeting. Winter whimpered by my side while Star puffed her chest out in anger. "What do you want?" I commanded the team Alchama member.

"Revenge. Sweet sweet revenge served cold on an icy plate." Sleet growled. She wasn't laughing like she usually was, making me more nervous about fighting her than usual.

"Sleet!" Felix exclaimed, running back towards the commotion. "You're not getting revenge today, not when I haven't gotten mine." He replied, his words dripping with venom. Topaz seemed to agree, roaring at the team Alchama member.

"If you want to make this hard," Sleet whistled, a giant dark moose siding her. "We can play it that way."

The moose stared at us through its empty, soulless eyes. It's antlers twitched, seemingly made out of rotten wood. The moose itself seemed to be a skeleton full of darkness, the darkness being the only thing giving its body a form.

"That's a..." Felix's eyes widened.

"Lirpa loof" Star replied, shivering slightly.

"A Lirpa loof?!" I questioned. People around us were screaming, chaos breaking out as everyone attempted to run from the Spiritmal.

"The legendary spiritmal of death." Sleet introduced. "A magnificent creature, don't you think?" She laughed, her piercing laughs reverberating throughout the entire city.

"Lirpa loof, use your power on that Wolfabeast over there please."

"No way!" I replied, sweeping winter off her feet.

Sleet grinned. "Looks like all of you would have to DIE!"

"YOU'RE MAD!" Felix screamed, not caring that he was practically about to match against a legendary spiritmal.

"Ok Lirpa loof, do it on this annoying boy's lionblitz first!"

"Topaz dodge!" The lionblitz dodged the first dark beam. The beam seemed to make even the ground scream in pain, somehow making a non-living thing even more lifeless.

"So that's how you want it?" Sleet grinned. "Lirpa loof!" She nodded at the moose.

The Lirpa loof's eyes glowed red, lifting up the lionblitz. Topaz struggled, unable to break free from the force.

"Topaz! No!" Felix cried out as Topaz roared in pain. It's soul, it's spirit, seemed to fade into nothingness as the lionblitz disappeared slowly, it's spirit being sucked into the dark abyss of the Lirpa loof's body.

The lionblitz grew weaker, its movements growing feeble. He meowed a sad goodbye to his trainer as the last of its spirit faded away into nothingness, leaving nothing left of the lionblitz.