13. Fair or Foul?

I'm honestly not proud of this chapter at all and may actually rewrite it... (though my heart is screaming at me not to and my logical brain is arguing with it... yea I actually want the storyline to go in the direction of this mess and junk)

"So... we're heading back to Mornamal?" I questioned.

"I guess." Came the reply.

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

He froze for a moment. "Well, I'll have to return home sooner or later. There's no use avoiding that forever." He got Topaz to transform.

"Come along." He took the lead, climbing onto Topaz's back and riding away.
—————————

We stopped outside one of the houses, getting off our Spiritmals.

"We're here." Felix announced.

I looked up at the house. It seemed regal alright, a statue of a lionblitz nearby. Topaz growled slightly, even the lionblitz seemed more distressed than usual.

Felix paused just as his finger was about to press the doorbell.

"You know, we could use other means to find that stone." Star perked up. "You don't have to do this..."

Star stopped talking as the door opened on its own, a familiar looking woman behind it.

Felix seemed to have gotten a scare, nearly tumbling down the steps of his own house.

"Mother, don't scare me like that." He groaned slightly.

The woman raised an eyebrow. "Felix? So it was you I saw at the market earlier. Why'd you run?"

"I... I needed some time." Felix tried to explain his actions.

It was then the woman noticed me. "You... you lied to me didn't you? She pointed a finger at me. You did see him after all."

"I..." I swallowed, unable to answer.

"I'm sure Emily just means well. She doesn't know who you are after all." Felix tried to explain.

"Hmmm..." the women nodded. "Fair enough."

I let out a sigh of relief, calming down a little. Winter and Star calmed down slightly as well.

"You haven't been attending contests of late, have you Felix?"

"No, mother..." Felix answered.

She stayed silent for a while.

"Please, come on in and let's talk more." She finally replied. Felix entered, and I followed him, not knowing what to expect.

Felix's house was huge, but then, I didn't know what else I would expect of a house from a prestige line of races.

Felix's mother invited us to sit down on the couch, tossing Felix a comb and asking that he comb his hair as soon as he was seated. I kept silent, wondering if the scene was funny or serious.

"How did your hair get in such a mess anyways?!" His mother sighed. "Boys..."

Felix kept silent, combing his hair anyways.