14. Getting back on track

I opened the door of the library slowly to be greeted with the sight of Felix sitting at a desk and flipping through a book. Topaz was lying beside him on the desk, his tail swishing from side to side lazily. I closed the door, sensing a bit of movement from Felix. He turned around instantly, Asking a question I rather not answer. "Emily, what happened downstairs?"

"Uh... nothing much." I answered, trying to brush off the topic. "How about you? Did you find anything?"

"I guess I did." He replied. "But are you sure nothing happened downstairs? I'm positive I heard Star screaming something about me..."

"I was just telling your parents what a good boy you were that's all!" The yellow bird perked up, looking up in mock pride. Winter chucked slightly, trying to stop the chuckles from becoming full out laughs.

I could tell that Felix was still not convinced with the fact that Star was complimenting him in front of his parents... and I guess he had all right to be. It was Star we were talking about here.

Still, I sighed. "This isn't the point now! We have more urgent things to think about." I walked closer, looking at the contents of the book he was holding.

"It basically tells the same story Professor Nightshade told earlier." Felix explained. "But there are a few extra bits in there that she missed out. For one, the book says that the cat Spiritmal with the unknown man was also a legendary Spiritmal. According to legend, it was called the Demanion and originated from another dimension. In fact, it is said that this Spiritmal is able to rule over all dimensions."

"That's cool." I replied. "Does the book state it's looks?"

"Nope, besides the fact that its a feline." He paused for a while. "But if I could make a guess, I'll say that it looks like a cross between a lion, a tiger, a leopard and a lynx... and it's green, yellow and blue with a tinge of pink."

I raised an eyebrow. "That's... oddly specific."

"It's just what think it'll be like." He shrugged.

"Is there any other information?" Star asked.

"That's the thing." Felix stood up, Topaz yawning and jumping down from the desk. "That's all I can find. I'm surprised that there are only two books that help in this entire library. I thought there would be more."

"Me too..." I replied, looking at the rows and rows of books.

"Maybe the Nightshades will have more information." Felix suggested, looking at the clock. "I guess we better get going, it's nearly lunch."

I looked up at the clock as well, its hands signaling to us that it was 11:23 pm.

"Do the Nightshades really live here?" I asked Felix.

"Yea, next door. I don't really know them but my parents are acquaintances. From what I know though, Amelia's should be the oldest alive in the Nightshade family. However, it is said that she doesn't return home unless there's been a special discovery or it's a special occasion.

"Oh." I replied. "So I guess we would be leaving now for the Nightshades?"

"Yea." Felix replied, looking at the door of the library before hesitating a little. "You know what? I think I'll go through the window." He walked towards a nearby window. "Ready Topaz?"

The lionblitz nodded, pouncing onto the windowsill.

"What?" Star questioned in shock, flying towards the pair.

I was horrified as well, running after Star. We may only be on the second story but...

My thoughts were cut off as Star continued her reasoning.

"I get that you may not want to see your parents now but seriously Felix this is ri—"

Me and Star watched as he actually jumped down alongside Topaz. I felt my heart plummet, pushing myself to run the last few inches to the window.

I reached the windowsill a second later, looking down just in time to see Felix riding on Topaz's true form as the lionblitz touched down on the floor gracefully.

"Geez..." Star murmured crossly. "I thought he was going to break a leg or something and we'll have to rush him to the healing center again."

As for me, I just sighed in relief.
————————

"You'll be leaving now?" Mrs Loinheart sipped a bit of tea before looking up at me.

"Yes Mdm!"

"Just as I suspected... he's not staying for lunch." She sighed, putting down her cup. "Where is he by the way?"

"Uhhhh... he left through the window?"

"He what?" His father looked up from his newspaper.

"Nice going Em..." came Star's voice in my head.

"He's fine though." I attempted to do damage control. "Landed safely outside."

Mrs Loinheart sighed. "Help me remind him to comb his hair."

"Send him our best regards." His father added on.

I nodded, walking towards the door and while saying goodbye to Felix's parents.

—————————
Sorry for not updating last week... heh... this is probably going to happen more often in the future.

On another note, I should really start merging chapters cause I feel that this story is going too slow...

What do you guys think?