Chapter Twenty-Five

B E L L A M Y

Isaac had come home late that night, but I was awake anyway, tossing and turning, thinking about...well...Noah.

And all the amazing things he could do with his fingers.

I checked my phone numerous times, out of boredom or to find a distraction, but it didn't work. Maybe I should just let the thoughts in?

Dream about all the things he could do to me, all the pleasure he could give me.

Though I knew it was more than sex. I felt a connection with him I had never felt before—with anyone.

Running a hand over my face, I checked my phone again, seeing that it was only 2 AM.

I almost dropped the device out of my hand when I heard my door open, and my heart skipped a beat. The fear of someone coming in to murder me was short-lived, because I recognized him the second he walked over the threshold.

"Bellamy?" he said softly, his voice sounding a little hoarse.

"Noah," I whispered back, placing my phone back on my bedside table. "What are you doing here?"

He didn't reply. Instead, he closed the door behind him, walking around the bed.

The weak moonlight illuminated his chest, accentuating his muscles and the darkness of the ink of his tattoos.

I held my breath as I felt the bed dip beside me, and slowly turned to face him.

I would ask again what he was doing here, but honestly, I didn't want him to leave. And maybe I already knew the answer.

Trying to hide the smile on my face, I scooted closer to him, feeling one of his arms snake over my waist to pull me in.

As I laid there with my head on his chest, I listened to his heartbeat. It was a calming sound, and I suddenly felt my eyes go heavy.

"Do you believe in love at first sight?" he asked, and I held my breath. What...

I propped up on my elbow so I could look him in the eyes, my brows slightly furrowed at his question. "I'm...not sure."

He nodded, shifting his gaze to the ceiling. "I think that's what happened to me when I first saw you."

My heart beat loudly in my chest, threatening to jump out, and I felt my cheeks heat up. Was this his way of telling me that he loved me? And did he? Love me?

No, he couldn't. He was playing me. Again.

"You...I don't understand."

Noah sat up against the headboard, sighing before he continued. "Remember the first time we met?"

Vividly.

"Hmm."

"Well..." he swallowed, avoiding my gaze as he added, "I've been in love with you since you opened the door for me that day."

Oh my god.

I sat up, feeling hurt. "And that's how you treat the people you love?"

He flinched, sucking his bottom lip between his teeth. I turned, swinging my legs over the edge of my bed as I tried to keep the tears in. I was so confused it made me emotional.

Yet, I couldn't help but notice that some part of me was happy, relieved.

"Bella..." Noah trailed off, walking around the bed and crouching down in front of me.