Chapter 1

"Crap! Crap! Crap!" Was the repeating chant that echoed through Kaminari's room as he searched for his tie.

He dropped to the floor and stuck a probing hand under the bed.

"Ha!" He exclaimed as he pulled his arm back out, the blue and white tie balled into his fist.

He hastily tied it around his neck, grabbed his half-closed book bag and rushed towards the door, ignoring the chill he felt in his legs.

When he stepped outside into the now-empty hallway the cold gust of wind drew attention to his legs. 

He looked down, realization sinking in. 

"My pants!" With an annoyed groan he marched back inside and pulled on the first pair of pants he found on the floor, which happened to be his favorite dark blue sweatpants.

He gave himself one last finger-gun, smiled in the mirror and raced back out the door.

Kaminari skidded to a halt outside the classroom door. He let out a huff of relief as the bell rang.

 He wasn't late.

Everyone was already seated and he brightly walked inside and sat behind Kirishima at his desk. Aizawa cleared his throat, not sparing him a second glance and began speaking. 

Kaminari placed his hand under his chin and stared around the class. Watching everyone was more interesting than Aizawa's lessons. 

Jiro was twirling her ear jacks around her pencil as she stared at Aizawa in boredom. Kirishima was hastily writing down notes, cursing under his breath every few seconds when his lead broke. Bakugo had his feet propped up on the desk in front of him, his eyes closed, though he looked irritated. Kaminari's attention was brought to the desk behind Katsuki when he heard the faint sound of a soft voice.

Izuku.

Kaminari scrunched up his nose as Izuku jotted down notes in a thick notebook and nodded along with Aizawa. He was muttering to himself, his lips moving quickly, and it was obvious now that this is what had irked Bakugo.

Kaminari admired Deku to an extent. He thought he was a badass. Always breaking bones and determined to win, no matter the cost. He hadn't broken any bones in a while, though, so that was good.

Kaminari could almost look up to Deku. Almost. He was too sickeningly dedicated to school work. It's like he didn't have any social life outside school. He was always consumed in hero work. He wasn't the type of person Kaminari could ever see himself being friends with.

"-Minari. Kaminari." Kaminari's eyes widened and he looked up at Aizawa.

"Since you like staring at him so much, you can be partners with Midoriya."

Kaminari flushed. He hadn't realized he'd been staring at him for so long. Izuku's head raised at the sound of his name and he followed the rest of the class's gaze until he made eye contact with Kaminari. He tilted his head, confused as to what was going on.

Aizawa cleared his throat and the attention was reverted back to him.

Kaminari didn't spare another single glance at Izuku for the rest of the class, not even when he felt the boy's eyes on him.